LTD GL-200k anyone?

Updated
jclogston
Hi all - So what are the general thoughts on it, specifically the neck? I don't care about the pickups as i would swap them out anyways, but really interested in it as i like the graphics but don't care to spend >$1000 for the real thing. thanks jeff
Annia

Big difference. If its possible, get the real deal. Better woods and plays better IMO. Either kamikaze-1 or gl600k are pretty good

Bonj87

i like it.. i like that they are alder wood.. if you're going to swap the pickups out anyway.. save the money and go LTD.. i got 3 of them, and i had one ESP version (purple burst) and i liked the LTDs more.. sold the ESP.

sahlomonic

The 200k is made out of basswood. The only other LTD the Kami was offered in was the 500k, and I think that was in 2001 or 2002. Those were made out of Alder. I had the Sunburst Tiger version of it, the 500T. Damn fine guitar, but cheap licensed Floyd hardware that couldn't stay in tune and blah ESP designed humbucker eventually made me sell it.

I've grown to like basswood guitars a lot over the last few years, so I may pick one up eventually. I played a 200 series Tiger a couple years ago and was very impressed with how it played stock. Necks are great and probably the best part about those guitars. Maybe a bit overpriced, but definitely not junk by any means.

I think the 600 series Lynch LTD guitars have an Original Floyd on them, but I could be wrong.

To be honest, if you are a high end caliber player, then get a high end caliber Kamikaze. If you're a weekend warrior kind of player, get the 200 series, save some big $$, and be happy with possibly the best bang for the buck guitar you can get. :)

Post to Thread