George Lynch Neck Question

Updated
George Lynch Neck Question
Good day all, I'm thinking about hunting down a used Lynch Sig, preferably a Kami, Skulls and Snakes, or Sunburst Tiger. The only Lynch Sig I've ever played was 15+ yrs ago and it was a 1st gen Skull and Snakes (with the vintage plus style headstock) and I didn't like the neck which I found to be very wide and very flat. What are the current generation Lynch necks like? How do they compare to the ESP Thin U and Extra Thin U?
dinga

They are wide and flat. I have small hands but the necks are not to bad for me as they are thin enough.

Iron Dog

Thanks I remember it being wide and flat. My hands are pretty small also. I would like to try one before buying, but don't know where I would be able to find a music store that stocks them up here.

dinga

I got my first Lynch at Tom Lee in Vancouver. They are pretty rare beasts in our neck of the woods. L&M don't carry ESP and usually you have to go to the larger Tom Lee stores to find one. Take a trip to Seattle and look in the Guitar Centers.

Iron Dog

Thanks, I may have to do that. I am going to check with my local Tom Lee Music to see if they have one of the LTD GL-200K's in stock as it's supposed to have the same neck type. I also check to see if any of the Tom Lee's have a Lynch in stock and if so it may be worth a ferry ride over.

TAFF622

Defo try a old school Lynch Kami or Purple Tiger before buying blind so to speak. The necks are BIG..wide, flat and quite clubby. I f you have no issues going between different types of guitar/neck profile..no prob. If your very much a certain type of neck player...ie Ibanez RG550, the Lynch's may not be for you.

As for the neck profile's on the new models. You will have to ask an expert here! Lynch has recently said he himself isn't playing necks quite as wide/big as he was back in the day. I presume the models made for the retail stores are still to the original spec, but maybe..if Lynch has change his spec, maybe the new builds reflect the change too.

Post to Thread