Anyone else see the Iron Cross at LIMS Show

Updated
Gwedo
Got my first look at it yesteryday as i was working there all weekend (not as fun as you think!) Great detail on the guitar, the pickup covers are much better than they look in the pics. Its the same one they had a NAMM its doing all the shows by the sounds of it. Going to be 2 months before they actually get to the UK. I wouldent say its worth six grand but i would say £3500, obviously didnt get to try it out! They had both Black and White Kirk Hammet Ouija as well but not really my thing, nice inlays thou!
Gwedo

Cant believe no one has replied from the UK.............I guess I am the only guy who is obsessed be Metallica Sigs lol

Paul 777

Cant believe no one has replied from the UK.............I guess I am the only guy who is obsessed be Metallica Sigs lol

+1!

Passed on the IC, gone for the Black ESP Ouija.

Iron Cross=Copy
White Ouija=New
Black Ouija=Legend

Just my 0.02p worth.....

load more replies (1 of 1)
.:st.anger:.

6k? Is that in USD? What's the conversion rate over there? Cause it's 10k USD here in the states...

Gwedo

Thats £ to be honest i dont think they know how much they will sell it for. Everytime i ask i have to say "how much is it around 6 grand" and they all look lost and go errr "yeah yeah around that"

toreski

Gwedo: what about posting pix? \m/ o(0_0) \m/

Gwedo

Didnt get any as i was working, only had 10 mins during my lunch to go round the show!

How did you mate try it? as far as i remember there was no amps and thats the prototype so they were very carefull with it!

Fade To Black 1985

On a photo, the Iron Cross looks too 'fake'... The Gibson LPC was the original one and now ESP (because of Gibson-trouble) made that one for James. Haven't seen it in real-life, which sometimes make guitars look better, but I doubt it...

Gwedo

That picture does not do it Justice, the amount of detail on the pickup covers for example .....you cant see at all in the pic.

Its worth maybe £3000 from a looks point of view, unless it sounds like god then its not worth the full price

emg32

That picture does not do it Justice, the amount of detail on the pickup covers for example .....you cant see at all in the pic.

Its worth maybe £3000 from a looks point of view, unless it sounds like god then its not worth the full price

I don't know. I do like the idea of some relicing on the guitar but IMO it's not necessary. To me ESP over did the relicing. The pickup covers just look like they were sanded down to look more flat with more abrasive sanding in between the strings. The body looks the same with just a bunch of sanding marks. It doesn't really look like play wear IMO. Maybe the production versions will look better but the NAMM promo version just looks like someone took a sanding block to the whole body then wore the paint off in spots to show the wood.

I still think James should have left the Iron Cross for a Gibson Sig. or not did it at all. Another ESP Hetfield Sig. is great but he could have did something way more original for this ESP Sig. then to try to clone his original Gibson into a ESP.

load more replies (2 of 2)
frantic77

het's original Gibson LPC looks a lot better

sean106OCD

Love it........too used to now not seeing the gibby in any pix anymore.....can't wait for it come.

BTW the music zoo in queens quoted me $6400 on the black ESP Quija. Thank the lord they did not have the white one......just....thank God.

Pushead

I see an Iron Cross every time I walk into my gear room.

emg32

I see an Iron Cross every time I walk into my gear room.

Did you ever post pics of the completed guitar? I never saw them.

Dark Alone

I was really dissapointed with the ESP stand at LIMS, it was tiny and full of 12 year olds playing on GH Metallica.

How is that any different than this forum? Outside of the General Discussion section that is, although sometimes I wonder. :p

kgry

I still don't get it. Why the hell would anyone pay that much for a beat to shit guitar? Clearly ESP is taking advantage of the fanboys out there. I guess that's a sure-fire-way to make a buck now.

Gwedo

I think the tummy cut made it look thin, it was on a normal guitar stand so it was hard to grasp especially when you being talked to by sales guys eager to sell them!

sean106OCD

I think the tummy cut made it look thin, it was on a normal guitar stand so it was hard to grasp especially when you being talked to by sales guys eager to sell them!

Yeah IMO it is full thicky or almost, just the tummy cut makes it look like it is not. But when strapped on you won't even see it. Plus like I said, no way that thing with the binding and all is the same width as the Eclipse Standard or EC series

Sjusovaren

Goddamn Shane, that's shiny! :eek:

Dark Alone

Why doesn't that look full thickness to my eye? :\

guitarsatbmusic

Why doesn't that look full thickness to my eye? :\

Because you sir, have a keen eye. It's not full thickness :)

Gwedo

I agree didnt look any different to me when i saw it last week

Post to Thread