Ordered my KH-2

Updated
tonymustang302
I have been eyeing a kh-2 for some time and after reading the posts in here i went to sam ash and found one. Plugged it in, and HOLY CRAP!!!!!!! I seriously was blown away. I have a Eclipse II sunburst that i love, but this thing shreds like no other. It had a scratch on the back so i orderd one online from them. Will post pics and which no. i get.
Terminatus

Ok, I've been seeing these threads about the KH guitars for some time now and I have to say that I really don't like Kirk Hammet or his guitars for that matter. Maybe it's has something to do with me being a Megadeth fan or maybe it's that Kirk uses his wah as a crutch, but there's something about these guitars that I just don't like. But hey, if you like it far be it from me to tell you otherwise. I just don't get how ESP can spend so much on this guy...

ZeeW

Hi, just a few questions to any M-II owners. Have you swapped out your active EMGs for passive? If so, what passives replaced your EMGs and an indication why you did this?

The reason I ask, is the a band member continues to rave about BareKnuckle pickups and has suggested I try a pair. I'm not unhappy with the stock EMGs, but always happy to hear what alternatives there are.

load more replies (10 of 12)
gainiac

The KH-2 is probably the easiest guitar to play of my 13 guitars, including 4 other ESPs. The neck profile and balance are exceptional. I think they knew what they were doing when they designed this for Kirk, and Kirk knew what he was doing when he accepted the design. I wish they made guitars like this that weren't signatures. I find though that signature guitars at ESP often have something special about them. The Truckster being a good example - much better than the standard Eclipse in playability, but I can't take the finish or that it's a Hetfield sig. And I'm a guy that only puts Metallica on my iPod.

BTW, the only sigs I've got are Hammett and Mustaine sigs. Kept together down in my basement, they relic each other.

expextremist

dude... you got ripped.. that guitar is damaged. wtF!

ZephMan

Yingwe Malmsteen STRAT FTMFW!

Oh ya, kh-2's kich ass.

I wish they made guitars like this that weren't signatures.
They do, thier called M-II's

gainiac

Yingwe Malmsteen STRAT FTMFW!

Oh ya, kh-2's kich ass.

They do, thier called M-II's

Not really the same - neck profile's different.

ZephMan

Not really the same - neck profile's different.

...Uh, arn't they both thin U's?

KH Guitar Freak

Order a custom shop, now it's no more a sig... :p

Post to Thread