Ltd EC-1000 , different frets number...

Updated
Flavio S.

Hello, does anyone know why some ec-1000 models have 22 frets, whereas others (the majority) have 24? Thanks, Flavio

Eric P.

probably just preference, the 22 vs 24 frets changes the placement of the pickups.

Flavio S.

Hi Eric thanks a lot! So this means that in The 24 version the neck is a bit longer, correct? 

Eric P.

NP man, and yes you are correct, the neck is slightly longer, and the pickups are spaced farther apart on the 22 fret since it's a shorter neck. The bridge looks to be in a very similar place.

Flavio S.

Great Eric! Finally that is clear to me now! You know how many people \ e-shops I ve asked that here in Italy and no one has given me a clear reply? A shame... May I ask you if you have this knowledge because you work in this trade or is it just out of passion?

Eric P.

30 years of playing, I also own 4 historic Les Paul, in addition to 2 LTD + 2 EII at this point. I've owned 2 other ESP eclipse over the years, and regretted selling both of them. I want them back if you know where they are, lol. .

Eric P.

this is current, minus the 2023 EII hardtail and Gibson 2012 Traditional. 

Flavio S.

Wow!! That is a paradise room! I suppose you have clear and specific idea about the sounds u want: humbackers go go! And all single cut models. Interesting. Normally many look for a change when buying a second \ third guitar, you instead do not feel the need of variations 

Eric P.

well, I love the single cuts, but that's not the only wall, lol. 

Flavio S.

Don't tell me anything else! Big envy!  

I have 4 guitars: a Spanish classic gifted when I was 14, a Fender acoustic jumbo, Ibanez pro line 1987 customized, and now this great ltd ec-1000 de luxe Natural burst. 

Flavio S.

Eric just one last issue and then I leave you in peace... About the fact that in the 24 frets neck the neck humbucker is a bit closer to the bridge humbucker, doesn't that result it to have a sound a bit different respect the very same humbacker in a 22 frets neck?

Eric P.

your question, yes, they sound a bit different. The 22 fret has that classic sound on the neck, almost fuzz like when you have it on the edge of breakup with a tube amp. It's not a huge difference, and only really noticeable in that specific situation IME. With my amps gunned, like I normally play, there isn't a huge difference. Obviously no difference on the bridge. 

Eric P.

will say as a caveat, I don't play a lot of clean on electric. It might be more noticeable there. 

Eric P.

Hey, those all sound like fantastic guitars, and ones I've kept as well. I have an old Yamaha Classical, and Fender Acoustic as well I've kept around. I have an original 1987 RG570 that I had refinished in 2005, like a dummy, lol. I have pics, but kinda feel like a braggard posting them, lol. 

Flavio S.

No do not feel like that, friend! We have this thing making our heart to beat, the woderful world of guitars and of music. So, if you want, feel free to share pics of all your "girlfriends" lol

Eric P.

I've collected a small harem, but I'm not getting any more. Honest....

Flavio S.

Wow that is wonderfully crazyyy ! Do you have a favourite one? 

Eric P.

yeah, but it won't the same if you ask me next week, lol. Right now it's my 1000S because I'm working on a recording with it and needed a hardtail. These are all ones I've kept after playing them though. Some of them, like the Strat I never play, sounded better than anything in the music store. I've helped a lot of friends pick out stuff, and sometimes you play an instrument that just blows away everything else. He wanted a single cut humbucker, and I wasn't in the market for a guitar. Had nightmares of losing it, and went back that morning when it opened, lol. 

Post to Thread