EC-256 Socket wiring help

Updated
EC-256 Socket wiring help

Hello guys,

I need some help fixing an LTD EC-256 socket - the issue was output sound coming and going. After trying to fix it myself unsuccessfully, the wire came off and must be soldered again to the lug.

I am no expert but after reading some tutorials I was expecting to see two different cables: one for output and one for grounding. Apparently, there is just one (see pic below) but having two different wires - one white and one "naked". Is one of those the ground wire? 
By the way, I'm 99,99% sure they were both wrapped together and soldered to the very same lug - maybe lazy finishing at the factory? 

In brief, how should I proceed? Which wire is actually ground, if any?

Thanks in advance.

Layne

Pushead

Layne, the one wire has both the lead and the ground. The lead is the one with the white pvc cover on it. The ground is the braided cable.

More likely than they both being wired to the same lug, the jack probably spun over time of the nut being tightened and loosened. My experience with guitars around the price range of the EC-256 is that manufacturers skip the lock washer when putting the jack into the jack mounting plate. You can get an idea of what they look like here.

Layne

Hello, thank you for the tip. It worked 

The white cable is indeed the output. I had just some issues recognizing the ground/output lugs but once you get it, it's a very easy task.

Thanks.

Pushead

Excellent. Good work, Layne.

Post to Thread