Cracks appearing all over my paintwork

Updated
Cracks appearing all over my paintwork

I look after all my guitars with extreme caution, and over the years I noticed hairline cracks appearing in my LTD's paint work. It's now appearing all over and actually looks terrible. Anyone else ever experience this? I added additional pics for evidence the guitar hasn't been dropped and also well looked after so it must be some kind of factory/paint problem?

These cracks are getting worse and eventually going to just look awful. I'm really not happy about this [frown]

Apparently the forum won't let me post pics so now I have no idea how to show them...

Vaughan W.

Even the toggle switch has a crack appearing:

Not dropped:

Pushead

I'd be concerned about the cracks in the neck pocket. It definitely looks like it's taken a hit somewhere (I'd guess the headstock got pulled or knocked). If you're sure it hasn't been hit/dropped, I'd still worry that there's damage to the body in that area (perhaps a knot in the wood.) Perhaps send these photos to customerservice@espguitars.com

Vaughan W.

Cool will drop them an email. Bought the guitar new so I know it's never been dropped. Cracks are also getting progressively worse...

The crack by the tuner and pickup selector make me think there's a bigger underlying problem, and kinda proves it's not me mishandling it. I was looking at purchasing a new guitar end of the year and with this guitar doing this I'm very wary to consider another LTD...

metalhobo

man, that is terrible. at first glance the cracks at the neck pocket look structural, but the fact there there are so many other cracks in other places, including the headstock, maybe means it is a finish issue. in any case I would really hope esp would cover this under the limited lifetime warranty. I've never seen this kind of finish issue on ltds or really any other guitar.

Post to Thread