Pickup Rings?

Updated
thlh

I want to put cream pickup rings on my 1987 LTD Eclipse to give it a little more color, but I have had bad luck with aftermarket parts fitting certain guitars.  Has anyone found any that fit correctly without having to redrill screw holes?  I'd be happy to trade with someone that wants a black set as well.

metalhobo

I don't have an eclipse '87 so I can't say for certain, but my M-1 '87 has the "standard" hole pattern for its pickup rings (approx 81 mm x 37.5 mm). I would imagine something like the allparts PC-0733 would fit but the best thing you can do is measure your current rings and try to find rings whose published dimensions match. if there aren't published dimensions you can probably email the dealer (e.g. allparts) and ask for them.

another note is I don't know how sharp the arch top on the eclipse is. if it's shallow, then the curved-bottom rings might be overkill and you'd want flat-bottom rings instead.

even if you get curved-bottom you'll still have to shape the bottom of the pickup rings to get the contour to match. there's videos on how to do this.

thlh

I decided to go with white pickups instead.  Way more expensive, but looks pretty cool.  Now I have a yin and yang thing going on.

Post to Thread