ESP LTD EC-1000 Deluxe Seymor Duncan

Updated
Chris N.

Hey guys,

i own the before mentioned guitar since 2012 or so and have found out JUST NOW that it should have a push/pull tone-poti. Well it doesn't...

Can you say if there were different types of this guitar? Maybe a batch that does not have this push/pull function?

SN is W11110858 (Korea from 2011 i guess)

Cheers

Chris

Icefish

There is no mention of those guitars having a p/p pot in them in the 2012 catalog. There was only one guitar listed with a p/p and that was an ESP Standard. 

My 2012 MH1000 Deluxe does not have a p/p either, I know they are diff guitars, but for cost effectiveness, Id think they would keep them the same. Matter of factor my MH has little tiny pots in it. 

Now that doesnt mean I am correct, there are more knowledgable folks than me that hopefully come along and help

Chris N.

Ok they most definitely changed it. The ec-1000s with the Seymour Duncan that you can buy right now all have the p/p.

You can also see it in several YouTube videos...

Icefish

It wouldnt be hard to add a p/p if you are handy w a soldering iron. 

Chris N.

Right?

I think I'm going to. Thanks mate! 

Icefish

Go for it. Which pickups do you have in the EC?

Chris N.

Stock seymour duncans..

Not exactly sure which ones they are but will check in the next days.

Merry Christmas by the way

Icefish

Probably JB/59 then, same as my MH, seems to be their stock set of SD. Great set. 

Merry Christmas to you as well. Good luck with the p/p if you end up doing it

David W.

hi, I have a EC-1000 Deluxe from 2020-03 and it doesn't have the p/p pots... what's going on? this thread has got me wondering which guitars have them and which don't and how to tell them apart?

Post to Thread