EC-50 legit or fake?

Updated
Deone B.

Hi guys! Last week I bought a used ESP LTD EC-50 for a low price. But, its something weird in the ESP logo; I think would be a LTD logo there. Can someone tell me if this is a real or counterfeit ESP/LTD?

The serial number is IW10081351.

Pushead

Pics would help know for sure. Based on the serial number, it would be a 2010 model, so you might be able to look at the catalog from that year at:

https://cdn.connectsites.net/user_files/esp/downloads/000/000/096/ESP-2010-Catalog.pdf?1392144773

But, with such an inexpensive guitar, there really isn't a lot of money to be made by faking it. You're probably fine.

Deone B.

Pushead, thanks for your comments! Pictures attached.

Pushead

Sorry man, the photos didn't come through. If you upload them to the "Photos" section of your profile here, I can check them out there.

Deone B.

Pushead

Well, the logo on the front is wrong, obviously. I suspect it's just a sticker. The truss rod cover and the "poker chip" around the switch are also not original. But the decals on the back and the rest of the hardware is correct.

Deone B.

OMG! I knew it! So inexpensive... One more time, thanx a lot!

Brice B.

Yeah it should have read l t d on the headstock

Comium

I can confirme that because i have a real EC-50 and there a little "ESP" on the pickup.

Ethel O.

The logo is offset, and the body and headstock are shaped incorrectly. The serial number is not stamped and is not in a legible typeface or size. Not like an MX, and certainly not one from the 1990s, is the color. After some time snake io, the ESP MX will turn yellow.

Post to Thread