Replacing pot knobs

Updated
Fred P.

Hey everyone,

I have an LTD EC-1000 VB and I would like to change the volume and tone knobs. I am looking at parts websites and I have the choice between 6mm shafts or 1/4" shafts... Do you know which one I need for my guitar? Also, if I would replace the original knobs with "Top Hat Bell Knobs", do I need the Alpha or CTS sold here. I would like to have the same knobs as the Eclipse I CTM.

Thanks

Pushead

The LTD stuff typically uses the 6mm.

Fred P.

Thanks
Would you happen to know which Top Hat Bells would fit on it, or which style was on the Eclipse-I CTM?

Slartibartfarst42

CTS are usually seen as higher quality as they're used on American made guitars. Alpha pots are generally found on guitars made in the east. CTS are usually more expensive but if you want things like push/pull pots, Alpha pots are more common. I once took Alpha pots out of a PRS SE Custom 24 to replace with CTS pots and the only issue was that I needed to file a bit of wood from the hole to get the CTS pot to fit. In practice, they made no difference to tone but they do feel a little different.

You should be able to find top hat bells for both styles no problem so just buy the option that fits the pots you get. Some knobs will fit either pot as they're secured with a grubscrew instead of just being pushed on.

This is how I remember it, though it's a few years since I last changed the pots on my guitars.

ajdajd d.

What a great article, this is the most useful idea for me. However, there is something missing, but fortunatley, I have it, and you should find here. 안전놀이터

Post to Thread