LTD Phoenix 1000

Updated
Jon S.

I bought a new guitar a couple months ago and finally found time to make a NGD post here. It's an ESP LTD Deluxe Phoenix 1000 in vintage white with Seymour Duncans. Definitely one of the more unique looking guitars I've ever owned but as soon as I saw the release pics of this guitar, I just knew that I HAD to have one! So I finally got one and I'm super happy with it!

ESP now makes their LTD guitars both in Korea and Indonesia. So these days it's sort of a gamble if you get one of the guitars. It will either be made in Korea or Indonesia in a lot of cases. Until now all my LTD guitars were made in Korea and overall I've had very positive experiences with those guitars. The reputation of the factory in Korea is just great tbh. I knew that this time there would be a big chance that my guitar would be built in Indonesia and I won't lie, I was slightly nervous about that. It's just new terrain for me I guess. No one likes quality issues on their brand new guitar and I had read some mixed stories about guitars from Indonesia. Luckily this guitar is flat out AMAZING! Seriously, in terms of quality it's right up there with my other LTD's (or the ESP's I've had or played honestly).

The guitar looks great with no flaws, the wood is good so it's nice and resonant, also unplugged. It's not a lightweight guitar but I like that because it tends to contribute to a good and solid tone. Just something that I prefer. The neck feels nice and smooth and the frets are leveled, polished and rounded off really nicely so pretty flawless! Overall the quality is just super high, so based off this guitar I'm not really afraid anymore to get LTD's (or PRS SE's) that were built in Indonesia. Quick note: I recently watched the PRS SE factory tour in Indonesia and it was REALLY impressive... So I really want an Indonesian built PRS soon!

The Seymour Duncan Custom and Phat Cat pickups are great too and they definitely contribute to the gorgeous and versatile tone of this guitar! The Phat Cat does sound nice and fat and the custom is a great allround pickup for any genre. A huge plus was also that the coil-split on the Custom sounds really convincing!

I did make a little demo/review video to supplement this post, just so you guys can hear how the guitar sounds through a couple of tube amps (Orange Tiny Terror, Marshall JCM 800 Studio SC20H, Hughes & Kettner Grandmeister Deluxe 40 and EVH 5150 III EL34 50W):

Ross K.

I am really late to this post but I hear you on the Made in Korea vs Made in Indonesia worries..I have 2 guitars from another company that are 2016 and 2018 Made in Indonesia that are and have been perfect..no problems whatsoever.

I ordered a new LTD EC 1001 in the Tiger eye finish and was happy with the guitar except for the factory nut..I tried everything to get it to play right and finally bought a Tusq XL nut for it..well that was a good buy but the factory nut slot was cut too deep and I hade to work the Tusq XL nut bigtime..I finally got it close enough to play but it was never really right,so I sold it letting the person that was buying it what I had done do it..I never heard back from him so maybe he fixed or got it fixed.

I was definitely bummed about that..the 3 Korean made and even 1 China made LTD I currently still have have been awesome..so its hit or miss.I currently have a Korean made EC 401 QM and I love it..no quality issues at all.

I had seen your video before my post and the guitar does sound really good along with your playing.

Savion J.

Using the guitar to play musical melodies in mr mine is very good and you should try it.

Aubrey B.

I know it's a super late post but hoping someone sees this. Just got the quilt top pheonix 1000 deluxe. I know the bridge is a seymore duncan custom but what's the model name?

Icefish

Custom is the name of the pickup, model number SH-5. The Custom does great with mag swaps also. Put an A2 in it and you get the Custom Custom, put an A5 in it and you get their Custom 5. The Custom comes with a ceramic mag

Jacob S.

Model SH-5 is Custom pickup. The Custom handles mag swaps well. With an A2, you get Custom Custom; with an A5 space bar clicker, you get Custom 5. The Custom has ceramic mags.

Post to Thread