LTD TE-1000 Black Blast

Updated
LTD TE-1000 Black Blast

I was looking for a new guitar to play along with my EC Black Metal for ages and the TE-1000 Black Blast for 2021 is just almost perfect of what I had in mind!
- Natural wooden black body;

- Maple neck and maple fretboard;

- Direct mounted passive pickups (and splitable);

- TE-shaped bolt-on (I don't know but these just seem to look better all screwed - just a chunk of wood with a stick attached to it).

- Scalloped top frets (I have never tried these before but I'm kind of looking forward to try them out).

It's just perfect except for one little thing, it only has 22 frets. I don't want to sound picky or anything but the only reason I rather 24 frets it's because you get two full octaves within the fretboard and the highest note equals to the lowest note (in standard tuning, in drop you can two extra higher notes).

Is it much to ask if you could issue this model with 24 frets option? I mean, since it's a bolt-on guitar, it's literally attaching a different neck on it. It's more or less like the SN-1000FR but TE shaped.

Geraldo F.

I am not a luthier or an expert by any measure, but I understand that switching a 22 by a 24 fret neck is only viable depending on the placement of the neck pickup. The scale length must be equal on both, so the 2 extra frets will need to "fit" on a gap between the 22nd fret and the pup. That's why many purists don't like 24 frets necks, because the pups will necessarily be placed closer to one another.

But hopefully an expert will explain it better than me....

Devan Arya

Yes, you're right. For the 24 frets neck, the neck pickup should move slightly towards the bridge and therefore changing slightly its tone. I understand. But still, they could make a 24 frets version of this exact model. I've seen plenty of people asking as well.

Post to Thread