MH models with reversed headstock (TOM)

Updated
PA123

Greetings...

In my opinion, this is one of the most beautiful electric guitars there is....especially with reversed headstock (and one pickup only if you ask me)...

But they seem to be rare..?

A beautiful SC sig comes to mind...any production models with reversed headstock...?

Woudl love to see it much rather than M HT in black/arctic metal series...which are beautiful in its own way, yet hardtail bridge and flattops are simply minuses in my book compared to MH which has it all...

Grendels_Grundle

I assume that because this is posted in the ltd section this is in reference to the ltd line specifically. MH guitars are my go to when i search used guitars online nearly every morning with my coffee and i'v been following them closely since i first played one in my local music shop in the mid to late 90s. as far as standard ltd MH  models go... and by that i mean excluding signature models and maybe an odd dealer exclusive i missed, i dont remember them ever putting a reverse head stock on an MH... which seems a little silly since the "H" is clearly in reference to the horizon body, you'd think the M would more closely align with whats the accepted typical ltd M series neck with reverse headstock, 

as far as the SC line goes, I'm less familiar with every years variations and would say refer to the catalogs  in the support section of this site... the first year or two the SC sig was available in the ltd line was some point from 2001-2004 and those catalog years are sadly missing, but i own one of those early sc-500s and can confirm they too had a non-reverse headstock (and the single coil at the neck... maybe not your thing).

as far as the TOM bridges are concerned, i too wish they made much more use of them on Mh models... always my first choice. was disappointed to see that both the 1000hs series fade colors were floyds... would have bought one with a TOM. personally i think the Ltd line up has gotten pretty stale over the last decade as far as unique and interesting variations go, and on the rare occasion they do somthing a little out side their typical box its out for a year maybe 2 and then never seen again. its like they dont want to sell me more guitars. i mean... i dont think they ever even made a higher end (400 tier and up) MH with a maple fretboard in the 25+ years or so they've been making ltds... the current 203 being the swankiest maple offering to date. any who... im rambling a bit now, but yeah....

I too would like to see many more options in the MH line, including reverse head stocks... also i really hope we dont lose TOM models due to the influx of evertunes... i can mod an evertune into a guitar... i cant un-evertune a guitar to a TOM so easily. sorry for the lengthy post...  (-_-)

PA123

Hey, man..

Thanks for chiming in...

and as far as i am concerned, please, do ramble on...

I absolutely hear you in all aspects...

Lucky me i wasnt mentioning maple as well...hahaha...! (although i love the looks of it a lot..feel not that much....unless in a stratty mood...which would call for an Ibanez JEM 777 LNG....my fav Ibanez superstrat...)

Bottom line, i suspected that reversed MH is un-standard thing, but wanted to clarify..thank you for that...!

Regarding SC earlier models, sc600 is reversed and with no single in teh neck position, but it is long out of the production..

The current  model which is reversed is sc607b...a baritone 7 string, and it is one of best-looking instruments ever... (black one, but also natural one)...yet that inlay is ruining the clean look!

I had a similar Jackson COW...also a beauty, super light, emg 81 and thats it....but bolt-on... set or thru seem simply more real for what they are made!

which again gives plus to SC... 

Anyhow, i hope they hear these cries....as i find the MH to be best crossover of a superstrat with some massive characteristics (non bolted neck, non flat top)..schecters are cool too, and similar, yet ESPs have the edge because of 6 in line headstocks contemporary nature...(commenting on specs and looks here)

Oh yes, evertune point i sright on...and also there are no TOMs on 8 strings..like - no at all... cry!

Post to Thread