ESP F200 Neck 2001 2003 era

Updated
David B.

I really want to try to get my ESP LTD F200 back in shape. I know not the greatest but has some sentimental value to me. Definitely need the neck reset, but there are fret issues and on multiple strings. What's my best method / option? I've been out of the game for a while? I did some custom work back in 2003 or so when i purchased it. Pick Ups mostly, EMG 81 and EMG 85, and additional tone knob, was really into Metallica kinda went with their pick up setup, but would hate to trash of the guitar because of fret issues. I learned so much on this guitar many many years ago and I still think it has some longevity. Should I have it worked on as is, replace the neck or just get a new model all together? My budget is very short at the moment, unfortunately less than a new purchase. Does anyone have a neck for this that would be affordable if not where should I start. 

Thanks in advance

Pushead

I'd find a local, reputable tech to have a look at it. It may be that it just needs a good setup and can be back at full strength. And if not, they will probably be able to give you good idea of what needs to happen and how much it would cost.

"Big" ED. Townsend

It doesn't matter what kind, type, or how expensive the guitar is... All that matters is that YOU love it!

I'd look on the web or even Facebook for a reputable guitar shop. I'm not bagging on Guitar Center, but NOT a retail store; find a "mom and pop shop" with a truly experienced luthier.

If they are worth their salt, he or she will get your guitar back into shape and provide some valuable information on how to keep it that way! Another great place to look... Local high schools or community colleges. Check with the music department's instructor; they will definitely be able to point you to someone who can help!

Brother ED>

Post to Thread