KH Bonebreakers vs JH Hetset

Updated
KH Bonebreakers vs JH Hetset

Hey Guys,

So i have two guitar - LTD KH Demonology with EMG Bonebreakers and LTD JH Iron Cross which EMG Het Set.

Both around 5-6 months old.

I was out for a while, so had not been playing the guitar, but recently realized that there were huge difference in the tone of the two guitars.

I've played the same riff using the same preset, first the bonebreakers and then the het set.

Is it just me or there is something clearly off with the Hetset?

https://soundcloud.com/siddharth-sinha-823758799/kh-vs-jh

Jim G.

Two totally different guitars with two different sets of pickups...I would expect there to be a different tone when compared to each other 

Sid Sin

I got another Iron across (Korean made) and played it. Will share the audio tomorrow - but it sounds so much better than the one I had (Indonesian model). Rhythm sounds even better than the bone breakers! 

Danny Leftridge

I haven't tried the Bone Breakers but I would imagine the Het Set SHOULD (theoretically lol) sound better for rhythm stuff. I use the Het Set in my EC-1000QM and they sound amazing. 

Siddharth S.

Got it replaced and there is a world of difference. There is some extra bassy boom in the Het Set 0 but gain wise it sounds a lot heavier. Funny enough ESP support said they could not hear any difference..bunch of crap!

Thankfully my dealer was nice enough to replace it..

Post to Thread