Question about different ESP LTD EC-1000'S

Updated
BoomerAJ88

Hello,

I've been looking into getting a new guitar for awhile. I decided on the ESP LTD EC-1000 see thru black cherry but then I looked at a few different models and I'm not sure. 

I own an ESP LTD EXP200 (?) I think it's a 200. It's in Olympic white. I also have an LTD ex350 in gunmetal blue. Also, 2 AXL 1215 badwaters and my first guitar Fender squire and my bass ESP LTD b50 and my acoustic electrics. 

I've been playing the AXL 1215 badwater lately. I used to play guitar nonstop but I got sick and it became difficult to play so I'd pick up my acoustic every now and then but I've really been getting back into it lately.

I'm 32 and I've been playing since I was 11 but I don't play as well as someone who's been playing for over 20 years because of my hiatus. However I'm quickly picking things back up again. 

The Ltd EC-1000's that I'm looking at is 

See thru black cherry

Blue Natural Fade

Piezo in either color

I was wondering if you guys could explain to me a little better than reading the specs. The difference with pickups, coil splitting and everything the piezo can do. 

As you can tell, I don't know my electronics. My brother in law is helping me to understand more about the guitar instead of just knowing how to play one. 

I really don't like to admit that this stuff still confuses me but if I'm not honest about it that won't help. 

My first pick was the see thru black cherry but that was before I saw that these very so much. I was interested in the piezo because I like to play acoustic/clean and also rock/metal but the piezo has so many options that I don't think I'd understand how to take advantage of anytime soon.

I'm sure there are some people thinking that it sounds like I'm a noob so why am I dropping a grand on a guitar...get something cheaper, you won't know the difference.

I understand people who are thinking that but I've been playing for a long time and I know how to play..I just never had someone to explain the difference in pickups and everything else. I learned by fiddling with the tone knobs and pickup switch to the sound I wanted. 

Anyway, sorry for the long post. I appreciate any help. This is going to be my last guitar purchase for many years so I want to get it right. Thanks a lot.

AJ

Oliver I.

I have the Ec-1000 Piezo in Blue and the Blue Natural Fade. In my opinion the Pickups Sound quite similar- the Piezo got the Seymour Duncan Sh4 and Sh2 -maybe the most favorite Pickup combination. The Blue Natural Fade got the Sentient and Pegasus - also from Seymour Duncan- those are maybe a little bit better for Metal, more highs and a bit more aggressive. I love the combination of the piezo Pickup with the neck Pickup. The existence  of the piezo Pickup is In my eyes the only Important difference, beside that the piezo got a palisander fretboard while the Natural Fade got a ebony fretboard (which i prefer).

BoomerAJ88

Thank you for your help. I saw on youtube that with the piezo you're able to plug it into 2 different amps. Do you ever do that? I'm guessing that might be more important to someone who is playing gigs but to be honest I don't entirely understand it! I really like the blue natural fade finish. Have you played any ec401s or ec256s? From what I've read I thought that 401s still looked like a nice guitar but I'm wondering if I should just spend the couple hundred more to get a 1000. Thanks again.

AJ

Oliver I.

I think the 401 is as good as the 1000, only the ebony fretboard and the locking hardware is missing.The overall qualitiy is very good on both. I've never used the second plug, however I use the piezo pickup quite often and I don't want to miss that for sure!

BoomerAJ88

Thanks for your help! I appreciate it. I'm still not sure which I'm going to get. I'm waiting for guitar center or my local shop to open to see if they have any EC's I can try. Thanks a lot!

Post to Thread