My first LTD!! KH-202

Updated
My first LTD!! KH-202

Hi guys. I played guitar in high school but stopped 20 years ago. 3 weeks ago I decided it was time to shred, so I got myself a KH202 and I'm taking 2 hours of lessons a week and playing nonstop all day. I'm trying to make up for the last 20 years. The next 20 will be great! 

Question how do you guys clean your Roasted Jatoba Fingerboards? Does lemon oil mess up the finish or is this good to go?

Matt P.

Hey, congrats! Nice guitar, and congrats on the lessons too!

I can't comment on the lemon oil w/ jatoba. I apologize. I was just excited to see someone picking up guitar again!

PDP

Hey man thanks alot! 

Harry K.

This is so amazing!

Mark G.

I am doing the same journey.  I played back in middle school, put the guitar down to go to engineering school, got married and 3 kids (life happed), then started playing again 1.5 years ago.  I like you purchased the KH-602, and last week just received my newest EC-1000 (See through Black Cherry).  I will say that the learning aids (youtube, online tutorials, etc) today make it much quicker/easier to learn songs.  I took lessons back in 1982 and it was very challenging to figure a song out.  Mental wise, music concepts come much easier and makes much more sense now, then it did 38 yrs or so ago.  I also think maturing and my career has developed my critical thinking much more than it was.  Anyhow, I am happy to hear that you came back to it.  Keep rockin.      

Timbawolf

Similar story here, played as a teenager, kept few guitars over the years but not always time to play but in recent years, guitar obsessed!! I know exactly what you mean when you say music concepts make so much more sense now - agree, learning aids like YT are amazing.  Funny thing is, and I mention this as also have a Katana, if I’d had gear like my ESP and Boss back then, I’d have been inspired to play so much more!  The sounds we can dial in and the quality of the builds these days is on another level! 

Mark G.

Dozerdog

Glad you got back into playing! My son loves his 202! I've cleaned his Jatoba fingerboard twice so far. I use standard alcohol wipes first to clean and disinfect any residual/bacterial buildup, mainly focusing on either side of each fret where dirt & grime become trapped and tends to accumulate, then I'll sparingly use linseed oil instead of corrosive lemon oils to recondition the entire surface of the board, make sure to rub it in well, then let it rest for several minutes, finally I'll use a new clean absorbent cotton cloth to wipe down the entire board of any excess oil thoroughly before restringing. Major guitar manufacturers use linseed oil, they don't use lemon oil for anything so there's no reason we should either. Also beware of marketed "instrument lemon oil's" that are nothing more than lemon scented mineral and/or linseed oil. Linseed oil is the safest oil to use on any finger board, including vintage/antique instruments.     

Gregory S.

I, too, once was fond of playing the guitar, this is a very interesting and exciting activity! Now I take a few guitar lessons a week to improve my skills! And it's like my favorite job in the plastic surgery nose job that improves the appearance of people and this game improves my inner world!

Sophia e.

Hey there! It's fantastic to hear you're getting back into guitar playing and investing time into your passion. As for cleaning your Roasted Jatoba fingerboard, lemon oil is a suitable option.
If you're interested in exploring different law-related topics, I recommend checking out the thesis topics for law students thread. You can find valuable discussions and suggestions that may inspire your academic pursuits. Enjoy your guitar journey and good luck with your future endeavours!

Thomas L.

It's fantastic to hear you've reignited your passion for guitar playing after a long break! Taking regular lessons and dedicating much time to practice is an excellent approach to making up for lost years. As for cleaning your Roasted Jatoba Fingerboard, seeking advice from assignment help experts can provide valuable insights. While lemon oil is commonly used for cleaning, it's crucial to ensure it won't negatively affect the finish of your fingerboard. Our experts can offer guidance on suitable cleaning methods or alternative products to maintain the pristine condition of your instrument. Keep rocking and enjoying your musical journey!

Timothy  F.

It's great that you've decided to pick up the guitar again and are enthusiastic about getting back into it! The KH-202 retro bowl is a solid choice.

brian w.

Back in high school I played guitar. That was my thing, my identity, I was the rock guitar guy. I had the long, greasy hair, the big baggy band tour wordle 2 shirts. 

Post to Thread