EC 1000 replacement nut

Updated
Metalman

Hi guys! So I recently bought a used left handed EC 1000 in silverburst... Absolutely gorgeous. One problem though...

I've done everything I can in my setup between bridge and truss rod adjustment to find that no matter what I do there is still open string buzz on my low E.

It's really annoying and I think I need to change the nut. As I said, I've tried everything all to no avail.

I'd like to put a graph tech nut in, but I don't know which one would be compatible... Please help so that I don't buy the wrong one. Thank you!

tim t.

Make sure the neck isn't twisted, that could be a big problem.

Metalman

Hey man. A buddy came over to look at it. This guy does set ups and he said it's highly unlikely that it's twisted. The truss rod is fully functional on both ends, after trying everything even he said it was probably the nut. Which one should I get?

William M.

Try this oneĀ 

PT-6143-00 : Black TUSQ XL Nut Slotted 1 11/16"
Carl R.

I think the PT-6642 might be a better fit for the EC-1000. For a lefty it should be the PT-6642-L0.

https://graphtech.com/collections/tusq-black-xl-nuts-guitar/products/black-tusq-xl-42-x-6-mm-slotted-lefty

Metalman

Thanks Carl!

Justin y.

I slotted the nut on my ESP LTD SH1000 HT but I went a little bit too low on the g-string I was wondering if you had a nut you would recommend for that guitar that will exactly fit or if you could send me one really mad at myself right now.

Justin y.

I was wondering if that phone not came in for my ESP SN1000 HT fireblast left-handed nut that was supposed to be shipped to me Justin York

Post to Thread