sn-1000 series

Updated
Matthew A.

What's the skinny on the SN-1000 series of LTDs? Musician's Friend has them on sale, presumably because they aren't a part of the new year's lineup. They have the SN-1000FR/FM and SN-1000W. They seem nicely spec'd. I did a ton of Googling and couldn't find anyone saying much of anything about them good or bad which I found . . . odd. Anyone have any experience with these?

FWIW, I have a LTD Surveyor 414 bass that I love.

Brandon A.

I have an SN-1000 FR/FM (Floyed Rose version with EMG pickups). It's an amazing guitar the build quality is fantastic and the neck feels amazing! I just bought a KH-2 so I am selling mine if you are interested!

https://reverb.com/item/20681490-esp-ltd-sn-1000-fr-fm-aqua-marine

Richard R.

Does it feel like a Fender USA Strat or more like a Charvel/Jackson? If you played those guitars anyway, I'd like to know. I'm interested in getting it but it's weird buying a guitar before playing it. Just a heads up, I don't know if you'll be able to sell it while Musician's Friend and Guitar Center have it brand new for $699 right now but I'm sure once the sale is over you'll sell it quickly. It's a gorgeous guitar...

Brandon A.

I haven't played a USA strat except for the Jim root model. However, the SN-1000 does feel very strat like to me. Except with a floyed and a flatter fretboard . I really like the guitar. Also, in case your interested I dropped the price quite a bit!

Stevie Strings

I own two of the SN-1000s.  I've got the orange with the rosewood fret board and the and the aqua with the maple board.  Both guitars are super Strats with FR bridges. The guitars have very good components, including an actual FR as opposed to the FR special (Korean poo poo version.)  The guitar is closer to a Jackson than a Fender. Again, it is a super Strat body and hardware.  The guitar is setup more for shred than anything else and the EMGs are geared much more towards metal and rock than a Fender single coil. I've got a 2000, USA Fender, Big Apple Strat and the SN's are nothing like it. Great guitars BTW. 

Post to Thread