LTD 301 Viper or the 400?

Updated
LTD 301 Viper or the 400?

Hey all,

I’m thinking of buying an LTD viper and have found 2 second hand ones that are up for grabs for €350,-

Not sure if one would be better than the other spec wise and looking for some advice between the 301 and the 400.

The 301 is from 2002, the 400 newer. Price is the same by the way.

Hope to get some info, thanks!

Pushead

The old 300 series are solid guitars with fairly junk hardware. I had an old MH-301 for 10+ years. The guitar itself was killer, but I ended up replacing the pickups (immediately) and the licensed Floyd Rose with an Original (a bit later down the line.)

For the same price, the 400 model is essentially the same guitar as the 301, with better hardware.

Mike M.

I recently got the Viper 301 fully stock but i love modding so i did with this one to my likings.  Replaced the Pots with Seymour Duncan/Bournes 500k pots with an orange drop cap, then i replaced the pickups with Seymour Duncan '59 at neck and a Seymour Duncan JB at bridge. It is incredible!! Im a Gibson w/DiMarzio type guy but this Viper i cant put it down!! Im gonna be looking and purchasing esp/ltd guitars, solid guitars for sure.

Post to Thread