LTD Nut Materials...?

Updated
Brandon P.

Does anyone know what the nut's are made of on LTD EC-1000's (early/mid 2000's model)?

chrisxbailer

I think LTD used Earvana compensated nuts on the 1000 series guitars up until 2006. Maybe someone can verify this?

Thrash8315

Post a picture. That would help. 

Brandon P.

Thrash8315

It's molded plastic.  I don't know the type.  You can mark the slots with a mechanical pencil, use nut sauce, or upgrade to a TUSQ XL in black. 

Tondog

Agree with Thrash. The one I pulled off of an Explorer was a piece of hollow molded plastic. I whittled a black TUSQ down to match and the guitar really sounded a LOT brighter and resonant.

Stevie Strings

These are the absolute worst nuts, for a guitar, period.  Why LTD continues to use them on the 1000 is beyond me.  It's total trash and you should replace it as fast as you can.

EV

Yeah, its 2022 and graphite nuts should be standard.

Ross K.

No doubt..I bought a new 2021 EC1001 in Tiger eye finish..great guitar with that horrible molded plastic nut..I went to replace it and the actual nut slot was cut a little to deep so it was difficult to make up a nut that worked..now I just bought an EC-401 and its still got the original nubut this Korean made EC-401 guitar seems to made better than the Indonesian EC 1001 I had...for now this nut on mine works but will be gone soon.

Mhammed I.

What are the upgrades I could make to my new LTD EC-1000?

helen d.

Welcome to the realm of Only Up , where gravity is your ally, and the sky is your canvas. Get ready to embark on an epic adventure and redefine your gaming experience.

Jack J.

Great post! I found it really interesting and informative. Thanks for sharing!

Panda r.

Playing the popular game pizza tower which is regarded as the greatest amusement game worldwide, allows you to compete against several other players.

Post to Thread