ESP LTD Cream Explorer Model Help?!

Updated
Lloyd G.

Hi all, 

Could I please get some help with my guitar. In a nutshell I'm thinking of selling it but have no idea of the 2nd hand cost or even the model. All I know is that it's a banging guitar I bought off eBay 2nd hand from some guy in Boston back in the early 2000's. 15-16 years on and I still have it but it's never played. Ideally I'd like to sell it to the right "Metallica" fan buyer in the UK. 

- I can't seem to find any serial number firstly. Any ideas where it may be?

- It has the "LTD" sign on the fret-board. It also definitely has the EMG-60 & EMG-81 combination.

Any help would be great. Best regards, Lloyd

Pushead

It's an LTD EXP-200. The pickups have been replaced with dual EMG 81. The hardware looks to be stock (bridge and tuners.) Coming with a case is a value-add. White is less common than black for that guitar.

I can't quite give you an exact price, thought it looks to be in really nice shape. I'd look at completed - sold listings on eBay and Reverb and price it along those lines.

Lloyd G.

Cheers Pushead....

The Pickups are definitely EMG-60 & EMG-81 which is a bonus. One is slightly Gold in colour the other silver.

Hardware is Gotoh for the tuners. 

Any idea where to find the serial number?

I'll check it out thank you. 

LG

Nathan S.

If its gold and silver its 81/85. 81/60 is silver and gray logos.

Nathan S.

Too bad you're not in the states. Been looking for one of those for a long time. But shipping from UK would just be too much.

Nathan S.

Oh and the s/n should be stamped in the fretboard under the 22nd fret. Probably a 1998 year model.

Dominic D.

Rosewood board too by the looks so CITIES B/S as well

Nathan S.

Yep, it would be rosewood on that one. I'm a little confused on all this CITES stuff. What exactly does CITES do?

Dominic D.

It's basically to control the international trade of endangered wood species and stop or slow down over logging of forests.

Its a pain in the ass process to get the paper work. I'm 6 months deep in it ATM waiting for an ESP truckster from the USA to be shipped to Australia.

How ever if I was to go there and personally bring the guitar back my self then I don't need ay paperwork

Nathan S.

Wow that sucks!

Brian6262

Damn dude. I didn’t realize it was THAT out of control. 

Nathan S.

So have you sold it yet Lloyd??

Lloyd G.

Hi all, 

Nathan. No, and I’m on the cusp of potentially deciding not too especially as it has some sentimental value. It just need a little TLC and sprucing up. After seeing all the cool stuff going on here with Cals and reworks I might hold onto it. I have no idea cost wise how much it’s worth.

Do you own one?

Cheeta for for all the replies guys. Appreciate it l!

Lloyd 

Nathan S.
Lloyd G. wrote:

Hi all, 

Nathan. No, and I’m on the cusp of potentially deciding not too especially as it has some sentimental value. It just need a little TLC and sprucing up. After seeing all the cool stuff going on here with Cals and reworks I might hold onto it. I have no idea cost wise how much it’s worth.

Do you own one?

Cheeta for for all the replies guys. Appreciate it l!

Lloyd 

She's a beaut! Couldn't blame you if you did hold on to it. I own a black one but have been looking for a white one forever. Yours looks like it's in excellent condition man, I must say I'm a tad jealous. 

Talon

Nice guitar. If the "EMG" logos are silver and gold, they're 81 & 85 respectfully. On the 60s, the "EMG" is blue.

Regardless, nice looking guitar. If you were stateside, I'd be interested. I'd love to add a white one to my black LTD-EXP-200 & natural ESP EXP.

Nathan S.

Logo is gray on 60's, and if he was stateside I'd have bought it already haha!

Nathan S.

Ah hell maybe it's a weird light blue now I cant tell lol. Always thought it was gray but just looked at the 4 i have in the rack with 81/60s, and depending on how the light hits it a couple do somewhat look blueish. I don't know.

dubster82

Nathan S.

I'm still going with gray on the 60 lol

Post to Thread