EC 1000 fake?

Updated
Jesse V.

Hey wondering if anyone could help me find where I could either run the serial number or would know if this guitar is a fake? Bought it cheap, looks good, plays good, guy told be he replaced the pickups and installed p90s so thats a concern. However maybe he is telling the truth is hard to tell.

Pushead

It's legit. 2013 model. The replaced pickups aren't P90s, they're humbucker sized reproductions of a P90. They're probably Seymour Duncan Phat Cats.

Jesse V.

Awesome thank you! I've wanted one forever and when I checked the guitar collector website and tried to decode the serial number, "W" didn't appear to be an option. So between that and the pickups I panicked. But I thank you and would you recommend sticking with those pickups that are in it, switching it back to the Seymour's, or I was thinking the slash series pickups?

Pushead

Guitar Collector only has ESP serial numbers, not LTD. W would be from World Musical Instruments in Korea.

The P90 style single coil pickups are interesting. I'd at least give it a whirl with those for a while to see if they get you what you're looking for.

Jesse V.

Ah that makes sense! Your a wizard! Thank you, as for the pickups I finally got a chance to play with them today, they are not bad..... Different... But not bad. Appreciate the info!

Post to Thread