Is this an authentic ec 1000? What does the serial say about it?

Updated
Vladimir G.

I just bought an EC 1000, however , I know that they're made in Korea, but this one says Indonesia ? It's my first guitar so I don't know much about them.

Pushead

It's a 2017 model made in Indonesia. I don't know about the factories there, so I can't be any more specific. Are you sure it's an EC-1000? Do you have any more photos?

Vladimir G.

Yes, this is a EC-1000 sunburst that I bought on sweetwater.

Pushead

Wow. I'm shocked they moved production of the 1000 series to Indonesia. It's a pretty guitar, though. Congrats!

Vladimir G.

thanks!, I was concerned because It's my first guitar and I plan to keep it for a long time. I was  scared I paid for a fake one or something like that.

Jeff M  ESP GUITARS

We have moved some production to Indonesia because the quality at our factories have been on par with our factories in Korea.  Also, the costs from Korea are rising and in order to keep the pricing competitive and where we believe it needs to be, we are making strategic moves on certain models. Rest assured, you are getting the same materials and build from Indonesia.  We wouldn't accept anything less from these factories and will always make sure the quality is there. Enjoy your new guitar!

Vladimir G.

Thanks! for letting me know.

Jody S.

At this time are all deluxe models being made in Indonesia? If not will all deluxe models eventually be made in Indonesia? What about the 600 signature models? Thanks. 

Bularf

I just received the ec-1000 vb with emg made in Indonesia today. I have already boxed it back up and will be sending it back. I bought it in hopes that it would be an upgrade to my Korean made ec-401. I was wrong. The quality was terrible. Extreme fret sprout, incorrectly cut nut, uneven binding, the list goes on and on. The guitar was unplayable. Such a disappointment.    

Sid Sin

Hey Jeff, are the LTD KH-602 still made in Korea? Or only Indonesia?

John K.

Jeff - I want to issue with your comments about the quality with the Indonesian product specifically with the set up.

im a schecter fan (4 of ) but wanted a non fr guitar for dropped d tuning and want to give ESP a “go” as I heard good reports

i read loads of reviews of the EC 1000 before I decided to buy a new one from GAK in the UK - see thru purple - new

i was horrified when i unpacked it - the set up was horrendous at least 1mm too high at the nut, way too much relief in the neck action miles too high

frets needed dressed properly and the strings on the guitar were showing signs of rust

i have no criticism of the guitar hardware but it was a luthier job before I could even play it - Really not impressed for a guitar at £800 - I should have bought a a solo 2 - sorry but that’s how I feel

Timo L.

Hmm, not sure if indonesian production delivers @the same quality standards. This is how I got my completely new MH-1000HS (Made in Indonesia to my surprise):

All these dongs are right under the clearcoat, so they are clearly manufacturing defects. There is no inspection sticker on it.
I must say that I am quite disappointed as I waited about a month for this guitar and paid 1200€. In my opinion something like this may not happen in this price range.

Shawn C.

That’s VERY disappointing!!! 

I am interested in the new LSN1000HTMPB but not at $1000 for an Indonesian made guitar as it wouldn’t hold its value. I have a 90’s Deluxe H-1000 from Korea that is FABULOUS and hoping to get this new purple blast also from Korea.  If from Indonesia, then I’ll likely have to pass. Can you confirm where this is manufactured?

Sebastian H.

do you know if this one is real?

Fredlund

They are definetly not on par with the Korean factory, 2/2 LTD 1000 models I have bought I had to send back because of awful QC. :( 

Pushead

Right on, Jeff. Thanks for letting us know.

Bluriff

I also had the same question when my new EC 1000 arrived yesterday. This thread puts my mind at ease though.  Awesome guitar! Beautiful detail work, fast neck, and sounds fantastic! Thanks ESP!!

Stephen C.

My ESP is as fine a guitar as there is. It was $3299 from the custom shop in California via Sweetwater. I also had a $499 Chinese LTD. The neck on the LTD was real good for an inexpensive guitar, but the workmanship was kinda primitive. I guess you get what you pay for.

Don A.
Jeff M ESP GUITARS wrote:

We have moved some production to Indonesia because the quality at our factories have been on par with our factories in Korea.  Also, the costs from Korea are rising and in order to keep the pricing competitive and where we believe it needs to be, we are making strategic moves on certain models. Rest assured, you are getting the same materials and build from Indonesia.  We wouldn't accept anything less from these factories and will always make sure the quality is there. Enjoy your new guitar!

I appreciate the care esp has put into qc, and I am an owner and a cheering fan of Indonesian guitars of several brands. 

Im the case of ESP, however, there is a distinct feel to the MIJ, MIK, and Indo guitars. I happen to be a fan of the MIK (despite the utter amazingness of my MIJs). Something about the necks. 

I’m considering getting another EC-1000 and want to make sure it speaks Korean. If it has the Earvana nut, is that an indicator that it will?

kahm sahm nidah in advance : )

Pushead

The best way to know is by looking at the back of the headstock.

Franck J.

Hello,

hope i am writing on a good thread and will get some answers- I came across this ESP china model and I am wondering if it is genuine. Price is pretty attractive... 

what do you think? 

Pushead

It's legit. A 2012 model.

Franck J.

Thank you for 250$ I think I might go for it

Nuan S.

Today I went to buy my first LTD. It was a MH-1000 made in Indonesia It felt really well to me and the tone was amazing. However when I looked closely I realized it had such a bad painting work. So I didn't buy it. I won't pay $1000+ for that.

Jimmy  M.

what does anyone know about this guitar  

Korea #R0510190 year? 
mid this known as a quality instrument? Just curious. I know nothing about it. It plays and works perfectly. 

Jimmy  M.

With my Above is LTD delux EC 1000 

Zaph B.

Interesting topic. 5 years later, the production of the 1000 series goes back to Indonesia again.
After all the mess with indonesian made Solar guitars funny fret work and cracked fretboards, Idecided to not go with them.
Last Nov 2022 I bought a LTD SN 1000 Evertune for 1600€. Made in Korea, no flaws, plays great. I enjoy it so much I decided to go for another one this year, with a different tuning, and pickups configuration change from HSS to HH (easy with the pickguard).

Now I ordered another one from a famous German e-shop, 1600€ again. Made in Indonesia, same price as the made in Korea. Really?

And the infamous indonesian QC issues: random flaws on invisible fret work, frets not even, crack on the ebony fretboard, poor set up.

Back to the sender.

Joni H.

I have ESP LTD Alexi Ripped Made in Korea and it has uneven fretwork. 

Frets 22 & 23 (scalloped) plays the 24th note.

It's not always MIK, which makes things Bliss. 

I leveled the frets myself and I love the guitar now.

One of the best guitars i own is ESP E-II SV (MIJ 2021) & ESP LTD 1000 Deluxe H-1001FR (MIK 2011) doesn't fall short.

Either the guitar is Indo or Korean, (possibly made in WMI factory), it might or might not have QC probs, small or big. Good purchases won't get that much attention. 

Fun Fact: The ESP E-II SV has 1 fret (24th) so sprouted i can anchor first string under it, to the side of the guitar. It's more amusing than annoying since the guitar is absolute beast, bullet straight neck with awesome playability. Beautiful as always you might expect from ESP Design. No flaws in finish whatsoever and so on. MIJ. 

Only downside for the shredder with heavy gauge strings (10-54, 11-60) is NS-Frets. I can already see the flat spots where i play the most often. Roundwound strings have tendency to eat frets alive (with exaggerating a bit) & i do stretch alot as well. That's a bit lame for 2,5k guitar if you ask me. 

Next guitar I'm gonna buy has SS-frets for sure. 

All in all, ESP have been my go-to brand what comes to quality, including QC. 

I'm gonna take a shot with Indo LTD Deluxe. I have full trust with the company.

You just need to do the research and know what model to look.

Some players requires perfection out the box, whatever the brand or price. 

Usually you can expect to tweak out your new guitar setup anyway. We're all different individuals with different knowledge and needs /expectations. 

Harsh QC probs are thing of its own. There's always a chance to get that one lemon.

But is it a big chance with ESP? 

I'd say no comparing to many other brands. 

Post to Thread