What year was my guitar made?

Updated
What year was my guitar made?

Hello,

I think I got a pretty good deal on this guitar. White ESP LTD M-1000 Deluxe, Ser# W08112881 . Paid $300 with custom case included. I will add some pictures if it helps. The thing is absolutely flawless and still has the cellophane on the plastic covers...don't know if it ever left the case! lol

Chuck P.

Additionally, any suggestions on what strings would be best for it? ( life long bassist, just don't have a band and am recording songs by myself is why I ask, Thanks! )

Pushead

The serial number will tell what year it's from. It starts with a letter to designate the factory it came from, then the next two numbers is the year it was made.

As for strings, it may depend on the tuning you're thinking of using. Since it's a Floyd Rose equipped guitar, you might want to watch some videos about changing strings and setting up a Floyd equipped guitar. It's a bit tricky for first timers.

Chuck P.

Cool, guess it's an 08' then. Probably tune to E440...or D...not sure yet, so far I've done songs in E440, but am wondering if I should drop a step. The Floyd is no worries and I can set it up (have many times in the past) and I can adjust truss rod and so forth. I'm just not sure what gauge or brand is the best, as I've never had to worry about it before.  

Pushead

I'd stick with the brand of strings you use with your bass. I'd say start with a .010 set of strings and see how they feel to you. You can always go up or down from there. Luckily, guitar strings are cheaper than bass strings.

Post to Thread