type of floyd rose

Updated
evan north.

Which type of floyd rose is fitted to my 2013 ec1000fr?

I have read different results as to weather it is an original or the 1000.

What is the difference between the two and which an I likely to have on my guitar?

Pushead

It will likely say on the trem itself. If you can post a photo, we may be able to identify it.

evan north.

Thanks for replying.

I cannot post a pic ATM but the unit appears to be the same as the picture of an original on the floyd site and has no external lettering or stamped logo apart from "floyd rose" stamped on its plate.

I have not removed it but, looking in to the back of the guitar I notice that the block has some kind of logo/emblem stamped on to its rear face.

The unit has not been fitted with hollow points but does have the arm with the screw on collar.

The reason I want to know if it is an original or not is because I have an upgrade project for this guitar and would like to add a brass block and claw to the trem and maybe a few other things.

The first upgrade is a set of EMG Fat 55 pickups (currently on their  way me from EMG in the states).

Later on I may give it to a luthier for full set up and fret dress so it would be as well to have him upgrade a few trem parts while he has it. 

Pushead

The 1000 series will say "Pro" under the Floyd Rose logo by the low E clamp.

evan north.

There is no other lettering there at all so maybe I do actually have an original, if it is. Do you know what type of metal the block is made of?

It does not appear to be brass but, I have read elsewhere that it may be chrome plated brass ( cant fathom why as what possible advantage would chrome plating have on brass)?

Just ordered a brass claw, so cheap and easy to fit it would be silly no to. 

Next year I may upgrade the block and saddles.

Post to Thread