Is there a new EC-256 or is it fake?

Updated
Is there a new EC-256 or is it fake?

Sorry I don't have Pictures but I stopped by a local guitar shop this weekend and saw a LTD EC-256 that had a different color than listed and it didn't have the EC-256 in the fret board, it was on the truss rod cover, the rest looked the same as a EC-256, I own 2 so I know what they look like, and the shop is an authorized LTD dealer, it was locked up in the display case with the higher end guitars so I couldn't look closer at it, I did ask the guy at the counter and he said he didn't know why there was a difference, I don't know if he purchases directly from ESP or if there is a Wholesaler middleman, has anyone seen a EC-256 as I described? 

Aaron L.

I just purchased one like this from guitar center. It was the see-thru black cherry sunburst.

Gerard  B.

Did it look like this?

Gerard  B.
Gerard B. wrote:

Did it look like this?

The serial number is at the back of the headstock beside the word vietnam.  Maybe it is made in vietnam. By the way I think mine is authentic I'm just not so sure so maybe you can help me. If it is authentic.

Aaron L.
Gerard B. wrote:

Did it look like this?

From what i can make out in the picture it is the same as the one that i purchased, although mine was made in indonesia. From what i can tell the see thru black cherry sunburst color was used on the ec330, which was discontinued around 2015 or 2016. The year after it was used as the color for the prototype and pre-production ec401. I am assuming that this year they used the color for the pre-production ec256

Gerard  B.
Aaron L. wrote:

Did it look like this?

From what i can make out in the picture it is the same as the one that i purchased, although mine was made in indonesia. From what i can tell the see thru black cherry sunburst color was used on the ec330, which was discontinued around 2015 or 2016. The year after it was used as the color for the prototype and pre-production ec401. I am assuming that this year they used the color for the pre-production ec256

Oh you are right. It is an ec-256. So mine is authentic.

Kevin B.

So it's got to be the new design, and not a fake....

Leonard  D.

There is an Indonesian-made line of EC-256's. The Tone/Volume knobs are not like the traditional LP but look more like hard candy, like the old JuJuBes.

I had a couple of out-of-box issues, but were easily repaired. Otherwise, the fit, finish, and intonation spot on . . . great tone out of the pickups . . . the flame maple not to set the world on fire, but you get used to it. This is a Faded Cherry Burst from GC at $249 . . . I bought it for the 350mm neck radius. 

Pushead

The serial number is at the back of the headstock beside the word vietnam.  Maybe it is made in vietnam. By the way I think mine is authentic I'm just not so sure so maybe you can help me. If it is authentic.

We'll need more than 1 photo from the side to tell. Post a photo of the back of the headstock, at least.

Gerard  B.

Here is the photo of the back of the headstock. I hope it can help.

Pushead

It's legit, built in 2017.

Gerard  B.

Oh okay thankyou so much for the help. 

Dominic D.

This post makes me wanna get my EC-256 out from under the bed and have it  ought up to scratch.. it needs fret work so bad lol

Marc D.

Can anyone help me with the authenticity of this EC 256 

Marc D.

Post to Thread