LTD ec256fm

Updated
LTD ec256fm

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've just received a l/h ec256 in lemon drop finish, I must say I love it! There are a few things that really aren't giving me complete satisfaction with it; 1. The tuners are not really that great, I would like to find some really good tuners that would be a straight swap, no drilling/filing the holes. 2.The nut is cheap plastic, I was wondering if anyone has used the earvana nut, also could anyone recommend an alternative if they know of a better one. 3. The pickups leave a lot to be desired, I play mostly classic rock and blues, hence why I decided on this particular model. If anyone could please give me some advice on these issues I've listed, Inwould really appreciate it. I am loving the playability of this guitar, and wondering why I've never looked into their products before. Thanks, Jim.

tim t.

Jim,

1st try a bone or graphite nut (less than an earvana and just as good, you pay for the hype)

2nd this may fix your dislike of the tuners, if your strings hang up on the nut the tuners are blamed and it isn't their fault

3rd before you replace the pickups try a volume bleed (do a search on youtube on how to make and install)

I hope this helps before you spend as much as the guitar for simple tweeks that cost a very little bit.

congrats on your new guitar, I think ESP are the best on the market and their customer service is incredible (I'm a player not an employee)

Tim

James D.

Thanks for the reply Tim, I'll definitely try one of the nuts you have suggested, I was originally thinking earvana, because if the compensated feature of it. I'll also check out the treble bleed.

James D.

One other thing Tim, is it the Les Paul tusq that fits?

tim t.

measure the nut width and you should be able to find one, nothing will fit exact and need a little finishing.

enjoy your new ax

Tim

Post to Thread