Place of Manufacture

Updated
tremojem

Where are the LTDs made?

I am interestedt in the new Koa model...but not necessarily so if made in Korea...I guess.

shupe13

Some of my LTDs were Korean and Indo I think?

Lately I see Vietnam.

Nathan S.

1000 series gutiars are made in Korea, below series are made in China, Indo, and elsewhere. I'm not sure where you are hoping it was made, but the top tier LTD's are korean made. They are good, I dont have anything recent but have 3 EC1000 all from korea newest being a 2011, all good stuff. You will not find a Japan made LTD if that was what you are hoping for unless you pickup one of the old LTD Elite models.

tremojem

Well...if I am being honest, yes I do have a preference. 
Based on what I have read online for the last few years.
Japan is number one and then Indonesia next. 
I know, you are all gasping, but there is a factory in Indonesia that is putting out amazing stuff.
I guess that is possible with Korea...but there just is not that buzz out there yet with regards to what I hear about Japan and Indonesia.
No complaints. Just wondering thanks.

Josh in NY

Most of - if not all of the high end LTD stuff, except the LTD Elite series, is all Korean made. All of the older LTD stuff was Korean made as well. I have had several of the older 107, 207 & 307 models, and all were Korean made. Everybody loves the Korean made stuff as far as imports go. I have also had an '07 SC-207, and an '12 EC-407 that were both Chinese made, and I loved those just as much as the Korean made stuff. 

The Japanese and American stuff is going to be the ultimate top-notch piece, but there is also that same reason why you are going to spend over $1300 for one of those guitars. The quality and craftsmanship is unlike anything else. I myself have NO issues with any of the import stuff, and in most cases favor it to the more expensive stuff - lots more room for potential and upgrading on a cheaper guitar to make it uniquely yours.  Case in point, my Kamikaze 4 7-string started it's life as an M-107. But after the paint job, scalloped 15th-22nd frets, several different pickup sets and wirings, it still remains the best guitar I have ever owned. So much so, that I got rid of a '91 Ibanez Universe UV7BK for it. So in all, it's a matter of personal preference. If it plays, feels and sounds half way decent, then it is a good one to get. Tone can always be improve upon later with new pickups and wirings later.

Personal preference and tastes are what it boils down to.

Post to Thread