Are these real ltds?

Updated
Ravaged_Existence

Just joined a band that plays 7 strings, and I'm going to be leaving on tour soon and need an axe.  The LTD MH-417 fit my budget and playing needs.  However while looking for the guitar I landed on this site: 

aliexpress

If you visit the site and look up the mh-417 you'll notice it's going for $325 free shipping (goes for about $760 on musicians friend).

As you can see the price is unreal and they offer some customizations like a reverse headstock, which I have never seen on an MH-417.  The maple neck seems to be swapped for a brazilian wood one?  Don't know what that is.  Do any you guys have experience with sites such as these? Is this miraculous deal worth it?  

Yes saving money would be great but what are we really getting here?  All feedback greatly appreciated!

Sergio S.

if they're real i suppose its a good deal, but BEWARE! hehe check the officially registered stores, dont buy if theyre not registered, but try the guitars in muscicians friends and that store

6-String

Its a fake, the MH-417 isnt avaialble in Black only Black Satin, also they are made in Indoneais not China, the box it is set on for the photos is not an ESP box, looks more like an Ibanez box. The control plates are not the same shape as the ones ESP use. The description on the guitar even says it is a fake or as they say a reissue "1.We are the most professional fabulous reissue guitar factory in China" and they also say it is a ESP LTD SCT607B Baritone 7 String...

The pickups are not even real EMG's, the tuners are not Grovers, they are fake. Everything about that guitar is fake.

Save your money and buy from an authorized dealer. Refer to the Dealers link above.

marvin l.
Ravaged_Existence wrote:

Just joined a band that plays 7 strings, and I'm going to be leaving on tour soon and need an axe.  The LTD MH-417 fit my budget and playing needs.  However while looking for the guitar I landed on this site: 

aliexpress

If you visit the site and look up the mh-417 you'll notice it's going for $325 free shipping (goes for about $760 on musicians friend).

As you can see the price is unreal and they offer some customizations like a reverse headstock, which I have never seen on an MH-417.  The maple neck seems to be swapped for a brazilian wood one?  Don't know what that is.  Do any you guys have experience with sites such as these? Is this miraculous deal worth it?  

Yes saving money would be great but what are we really getting here?  All feedback greatly appreciated!

these are replicas, they are fake

Zhalman

I wouldn't buy a modified guitar even if they paid me to buy it. No one know what else is modified and I'd have that strange feeling that this guitar is fake.

Matthew M.

these are replica guitars made in chine in short FAKE!

LEXXX

IMO, never buy a guitar from AliExpress. They have a long track record of selling fakes. Always buy guitars from licensed sellers and distributors. 

Fran M.

beware of that site bro. I think most of them are cheap imitations.... better look on legit stores or if you don't mind owning a second hand you can check some guitar classified ads like ebay or something and look for trustworthy sellers. good luck!

John Paulus S.

I have an ESP Ltd MH-417 7 String in Black Satin, grover tuners, tom w/string thru bridge, neck thru, 24 frets, EMG 81-7 / 707, rosewood fret board, and it's made in china. If it is fake, Then why it's play so dumb awsome? No fret buzz, perfect intonation, low action...100% overall, feel like im playing a japanese esp guitar, and the sound is so very very great. And it has a ESP Hardcase.

John Paulus S.

Here some other photos

John Paulus S.

John Paulus S.

Im playing guitar for over 12 years, and i know whats good or bad. But this one is so so great.. the mall price on lyric guitar is 50k plus here in Philippines

Post to Thread