Are LTDs chambered

Updated
Are LTDs chambered
I'm browsing around some forums and I keep seeing someone claiming they have an LTD that was made before they "started chambering them", because he claims his is heavier than the current ones. Does this hold any weight? (pun not intended) I'm almost positive they aren't chambered or weight relieved.
Irontusk73

I think it's all just in the wood itself. Why would ESP chamber an already thin guitar?

JSHRED

I don't work on tons of LTD's, but I don't ever recall any of them appearing to be chambered. And I agree with the gentleman from JP's beard. A Les-Paul type singlecut like an Eclipse would be the most likely candidate, but why? I worked on an LTD EC-1000 yesterday and it was like an Ibanez RG in terms of girth. Doesn't seem like a case for chambering.

So unless someone knows something I don't, I'm declaring a state of shenanigans on this pre-chambered LTD.

deus ex machina

Not to my knowledge, no. Not even the full-thickness EC's or PB's. I think whoever told you that is BS-ing you. Chambering costs more money than leaving just a big slab of wood and the whole point of LTD line is to be budget-friendly guitars.

MV-CTM

who knows. the KH-DC LTD I "played" (more like picked up, action was so low none of the strings made any sound) was the lightest guitar I've ever picked up. It weighed about as much as my old H-207 neck lol.

NeedsMoreBlueBell

I think the only proof he had is because it feels lighter (he claims his is like... 10 - 11 pounds) and because it sounds different when you tap it.

Metlupass2

I think the only proof he had is because it feels lighter (he claims his is like... 10 - 11 pounds) and because it sounds different when you tap it.

Hes a moron.....theres no way in the world it weighs that much.

exhibit-sbt

Ive had several ltds of the same model all weigh differently. They just vary.

Metlupass2

ESP started chambering the EC's, but then Gibson sued them for copyright infringement.

Post to Thread