Ta-600?

Updated
Oppgulp
Anybody with a TA-600 that wants to share their experience with it? I've been playing the guitar for 12-13 years now and have never owned a bass guitar before. I mainly play thrash and now I want a bass guitar for recording purposes. I'm not that very good on the bass, but I guess my skills is sufficient enough for my needs, which is just to do some backing tracks and get some ideas down on tape. Will the TA-600 be a good choice for me? I see it pop up now and then for $ 500-600, which is about what I want to spend.
Gfunk

I have never played a TA-600, but you could probably get a used ESP bass in that price range. Follow ebay.

Justinschut

I have a B-255 for recording purposes and it does the job very well.
The bassplayer in my band has a B-405 which sounds awesome. The TA-600 should be just as good, so if you like it I'd say go for it.

Justinschut

I'm sure it's a great bass, but it's a whole different beast than the TA-600. Don't know how much the difference in quality is, but the TA seems thrashier

Oppgulp

I was actually thinking the same, the ESP is maybe more a "rock bass"? Want a bass that suits thrash and metal in general, but don't really know what to look after, what pickups etc.

Gfunk

I would take that ESP M-IV over a LTD TA-600 in a heartbeat. I think it is about a hundred dollars overpriced. Its a good deal @ $500.

Big Rich

if you only plan on using it for home recording id go for something cheaper honestly. i picked up a viper 50 bass a few months ago for 90 bucks and it plays decent and sounds awesome recorded ... it gets the job done

i dono bass just sounds like bass to me

Grayfox958

if you only plan on using it for home recording id go for something cheaper honestly. i picked up a viper 50 bass a few months ago for 90 bucks and it plays decent and sounds awesome recorded ... it gets the job done

i dono bass just sounds like bass to me

But you can tell the difference between a Viper 10 and a Custom Shop Viper?

Post to Thread