Upgrade current guitar or get a new guitar?

Updated
blibbety
I have a LTD F-10. I like the guitar and don't have money for a new guitar so am thinking of just upgrading the pickup(s) and getting something other than my little amp for a good sound. I know the obvious response would maybe be to put in a EMG or two and get a distortion pedal or amp upgrade but am wondering if there are any other suggestions. I would like to have a selection of different sounds for when I want to record stuff in different styles etc, but it can't be too expensive.
DUKE

Keep saving! A new guitar will be worth it. The 10-series are really designed for beginners, and if you think you're ready to move up, a new guitar and amp is definitely the best option.

How much do you have already saved up/how much are you saving up to?

blibbety

Yeah, it's not my first guitar, but it is one of my favorites out of the ones that I have had. It plays about as good, but the sound of my little amp isn't sufficient. I don't really have money saved up but am trying to sell some items to get the stuff that I mentioned and also for a few other things like software, so have to stay on the cheap.

DUKE

Yeah, it's not my first guitar, but it is one of my favorites out of the ones that I have had. It plays about as good, but the sound of my little amp isn't sufficient. I don't really have money saved up but am trying to sell some items to get the stuff that I mentioned and also for a few other things like software, so have to stay on the cheap.

Ahh...well if that's the case, then I wouldn't put money towards upgrading it. If you think a better amp is what you need, you should get that instead.

blibbety

As for the original question, what I mean is, is it worth it to just upgrade the pickups if I think that it plays as good as other guitars that I have owned in the past?

OutlawTorn

EMGs in a F-10 isn't worth the money imo... save for another guitar.

DragonMF

EMGs in a F-10 isn't worth the money imo... save for another guitar.
+1. Keep saving.

nick c.

wooooahhhhhhh.............keep your comics!!!!!!!!!!

Justinschut

If you think it plays good but you want a better sound, I would suggest upgrading your amp

blibbety

I like the little amp that I have, I am more looking for suggestions on multi-effects or a distortion pedal that will give me a variety of sounds to choose from.

I was looking at the T.C Electronic Nova Drive and that seems good, I like how it is able to save different presets but it's expensive for me. I'm not a big fan of large floor unit multi-effects units and wouldn't use most of the effects other than maybe compression and chorus, but if there are any rack mount or desktop versions that aren't too expensive and has good distortions to choose from, then I might be interested.

Also, I would sell my comics but I haven't found any buyers yet for these other than two issues of She-Hulk for $9.00 and Infinity Gauntlet #1 and 2 for $5.00 that sold on ebay out of all the others that I had listed. I have sold a bunch on ebay before, so I don't know what the problem is.

Post to Thread