Looking for a LTD EC1000/Truckster, but differences

Updated
RoelSmoel
Bought two weeks ago an Ibanez RG2550, but I don't like the neck, the sounding, and it doesn't stays in tune. Now I've been looking for a LTD EC model (I already have an EC-256 and I love it!), or a Truckster, but are there big differences between the Truckster and the Silver Sunburst and Vintage Black EC-1000 models? Is it the 100 euro worth and spend that on a Truckster (some members know I'm a big Hetfield fan..)? Thnx! Roel.
mbm88

They are very similar. I was in a similar predicament last December. I was dead set on a vintage black EC1000. I went to a few different shops looking for the best deal, and at one of the shops I would up playing a truckster. There was something about it that I absolutely loved, so I wound up getting that. It has a great sound and feel, and the 60 in the neck can sound pretty dark and heavy. If you're a big Hetfield fan, I would go with the truckster. They're both great guitars. The truckster has a heel at the top of the neck where the headstock is that I find very comfortable, especially when going through one of the riffs in master. If you want to know anything specific let me know, also unfortunately it looks like I may have to sell my truckster to pay rent, so if you're interested let me know. You can't go wrong with either of them.

jlockhartmusic

They are very similar. I was in a similar predicament last December. I was dead set on a vintage black EC1000. I went to a few different shops looking for the best deal, and at one of the shops I would up playing a truckster. There was something about it that I absolutely loved, so I wound up getting that. It has a great sound and feel, and the 60 in the neck can sound pretty dark and heavy. If you're a big Hetfield fan, I would go with the truckster. They're both great guitars. The truckster has a heel at the top of the neck where the headstock is that I find very comfortable, especially when going through one of the riffs in master. If you want to know anything specific let me know, also unfortunately it looks like I may have to sell my truckster to pay rent, so if you're interested let me know. You can't go wrong with either of them.

I have a silverburst EC1000 and although I haven't played a truckster, I can tell you that the 1000 also has the "Hetfield combo" of the 81 and 60, as well as the little heel at the top of the neck like you described. I absolutely love mine, and am debating getting another in vintage black. There's a chance I'll wait and eventually get the ESP Eclipse standard, but I'm having a hard time seeing the need to spend the extra $ when I love my EC1000 so much.

RoelSmoel

Yeah.. Big Hetfield fan, the 100 euro's extra are it worth, but I don't know if the finish on the EC1000 is better, it looked very good, but I have to order them both if I want one, so I can't play on them but I know how ESP/LTD guitars play, but I want to gamble it.

(and sorry for my bad English, I'm only 15 and.. Dutch, yeah, Dutch...)

mbm88

The finish on the VB is really good, but hard to keep up. Everyting shows on it and it tends to get shiny in some areas. For me, there was something about the Truckster that made it the one for me. The locking tuners are always nice too.

RoelSmoel

I tested today an EC1000 in vintage black with EMG's and an EC1000 in gold with Alnico II pickups from Seymour Duncan, but it's going to be the goldtop, I like the sound much more, it is more versatile then the vintage black and the Truckster.

Borked Bob

The LTD Truckster I played was perfect in every way. But the finish was really ugly on that certain model. I like the black one better.

RoelSmoel

Sickness.. Bought today the EvH Wolfgang Special, I already have an Eclipse, so it wasn't very smart to buy another Eclipse.
Thnx everyone!

Post to Thread