Ltd M1000

Updated
Blitzbok
Hi, I want to get this guitar, but I have a few niggling questions. First of all, my most wanted guitar is the MII Urban Camo, but that's a little out of reach now for me. I thought this guitar would be a good compromise, and have read many favourable reviews, but many claim it's just a cheap knock-off of the MII. Cheap being the word I'm most concerned with. The M1000 Deluxe isn't cheap, and I understand that the ESP will always be better than the LTD, but is the M1000 Deluxe THAT far off? Will I be getting my moneys worth, approximately £700? I want a solid and reliable guitar that is comfortable to play. So here are some questions I have; 1.How well built is the M1000 Deluxe? 2.I hear the neck is very thin, very good for shredding, would anyone disagree with this? Particularly higher up the fretboard. I dislike my Les Paul, but my Strat is comfortable. 3.Is the M1000 noisey? The Urban Camo produces no hum when hands are off the fretboard, how does the M1000 compare? Could the shielding be improved if it is noisey? 4.How durable is the M1000 in terms of temperature changes? 5.How would you rate the OFL? I heard from someone that it may require tweaking to correct some production flaws, particularly the locking nut. 6.How would you compare this guitar to the MII? I might be able to get hold of a second hand MII Standard bolt on. At first I thought this was fantastic, but I'm unsure of the bolt on. One of the features most liked about the M1000 was the neck-through construction thus improving sustain. Not that this is in any way a certainty, but just an aside. Is this any good? I can't think of anything else to add, so I'll leave it at that. Any help will be gratefully received. Regards Blitz
Creepingshredder

I have a M300FM, and the playability could not get any better. If you have doubts, check one out at your local music shop if they have them

Blitzbok

Thanks for the replies, I feel much better about the M1000. Definitely going for it.

Post to Thread