NGD (esp ltd m200uc)

Updated
NGD (esp ltd m200uc)
Just picked this up as a project, an ltd m200uc. it will be going through some mods very soon esp floyd will be replaced with a kahler and blackouts will replace the stock pickups. still debating on leaving it as urban camo or going to woodland camo colors. will update as it goes
LemmonFury

I've always wanted one of those. Replace the pickups to some Dimarzios.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the Kahler mod. I say you just buy a Jeff Hanneman 200 and swap the necks or something (if you don't like the inlays).

Actually, did you get it new or used? If so how much did you pay?

HAY YAH

I've always wanted one of those. Replace the pickups to some Dimarzios.

If I were you I wouldn't bother with the Kahler mod. I say you just buy a Jeff Hanneman 200 and swap the necks or something (if you don't like the inlays).

Actually, did you get it new or used? If so how much did you pay?

I have an 07 esp UC hanneman already with kahler and eagle inlays. I bought this guitar for the purpose to mod it up. got it new for under 400

load more replies (1 of 1)
jalmetalman

Congrats!!!

brandono61cr

yeah if money is no prob you should go for the kahler!
i looked in to doing almost the same thing on my project guitar , i got some quotes of 150-300 bucks for just the instalation alone ! i will get the mod sooner or later but i think i will end up doing it myself.

if you do get the mod i would make sure that you fill in the floyd voids . it will make the guitar feel "fuller"

HAY YAH

I already have the kahler, all the holes will be filled for sure

Roidster

i have had mine for some time now
one thing is the vinyl does seem to discolor
i dropped a Dimarzio X2N in and put the fourth spring on the bridge
it stays in tune great,and i abuse the trem

Black Ice

Nice man, I got mine from that blowout sale samash had last summer. Def worth the change spent.

Good choice on the bridge change, I'm just gonna end up blocking mine

If youre feeling like trying something, drop a Super 3 in the bridge

HAY YAH

just a small update, finally got the new springs for the kahler today

Roidster

1cY4LXZqX-w

dude it is easy click on the quote button here =========================================================>
to see how i did it,copy paste everything after the = symbol

Creepingshredder

Not gonna lie, I never did like bolt on's because of a bad experince with them, but this makes me wanna pick one up off the 'bay.

HAY YAH

well here it is complete with the blackout pickups installed, went with one volume and three way toggle and this guitar came to life. filled in the holes from the 5 way switch and touched up the paint.

LemmonFury

How does it sound/play? Worth the skrilla?

HAY YAH

sounds and plays awesome, I am very happy with how it turned out. it was worth it to me as I like the feel of kahlers and the blackouts are massive

here is another pick of it with my 07 ESP Hanneman

LemmonFury

Damn, they look pretty much a like.

HAY YAH

picked up the kahler for $100, and did a trade for the pickups. got the guitar for 400. so 500 it the total

going to darken the board up sometime, plays great sounds awesome

brandono61cr

cool i gotta try that some time !

eddietorres666

Nicely Done, now you can sell that 07 Hanneman to me!

Post to Thread