Viper 1000 Neck Heavy

Updated
R2R
Like everyone else ive found my Viper to be very neck heavy. Its a big adjustment going for LP style body. Who has had success with moving the the strap button to the "horn" of the body? Ive seen it but I worry about the integrity of the wood there since its so thin. Pictures, a review, and a quick "how to" would be greatly appreciated. other than that I am am very satisfied. Completely unrelated, did LTD change the tuners over the last few years? I bought a EC-1000 4 years ago and they look different to my 09 Viper. Thanks!
capoeiraesp

I would highly recommend getting a guitar tech to do it. I had it done on a vb-400 years ago by my luthier friend. He said he'd had several repair jobs where guys tried doing it themselves and totally fucked the horn. He drilled the hole like any other but he added some sort of resin for added strength. Had no probs with it.

talldawsonLTD

make a small bracket from mild steel or alum take out the current peg put a screw through the bracket "hole drilled in bracket of course" and attach the peg on the bracket where you feel comfortable. No new holes and revesable if you want to sell it just take off bracket and screw peg back in original hole.

Dean S.

I know its an old thread but I have just got my strap button moved on my Ltd Viper 1000 to the tip of the upper horn. It balances so much better I cannot understand why ESP dont do this at source.  I love this guitar but it does put me off buying a more expensive Viper knowing that I will have to do this again if spending thousands of pounds on an Eii or USA ESP.  The Vipers are simply not playable  standing up  unless the strap button mod is carried out !!!  Great guitars however once the mod is done !!!  If you are going to do the mod I would recommend to get it done by a proper guitar tech / luthier and show them some you tube video's from others (which are easy to find) of where you want the button moved to.

Post to Thread