slash pickups in ECLIPSE !?

Updated
SixStringer
hi all, i have a dilemna here : 1- i want slash's sound 2- i don't have millions in the bank (yet) 3- i want a quilted top and binding (not the biggest fan of abalone but will tolerate) 4- i want 24 frets so lets forget about gibson and epiphone assuming i have slash's amp, strings, cables, hat and picks, now i would need a thick guitar so i figured i should get a les paul style... now my question is this: will it sound at least almost like slash if i put seymour duncan alnico 2 pro's in an LTD EC-1000 ? or is the thickness and wood type that important? and will i also have to change pots? thank you very much for any answer, planning to do this soon *looks at clock*
onemilelost

First:
Are you Slash?....If not, you will never sound like him.

Second:
Are you in a G'n'R Tribute band?...If you are...I'm sorry.

I am being serious.

A New Slash Epiphone Sig is not that much more than a New EC-1000. But if you absolutely need 24 frets, and don't care if your guitar isn't like Slash's, then try to pick up a used EC-1000 and swap the pickups.

SixStringer

First:
Are you Slash?....If not, you will never sound like him.

Second:
Are you in a G'n'R Tribute band?...If you are...I'm sorry.

I am being serious.

i dont need your opinion, i need an answer

onemilelost

That is my answer. Most of Slash's sound comes from his hands. The guitar has something to do with it, but even if you jumped up on stage and played through his rig,you would still not sound like Slash.

Get an EC-1000 with the Duncans. That should work.

Edit: If you want a Quilt Top...the STBC is your only option for EC-1000's and that comes with the EMGs.

SixStringer

That is my answer. Most of Slash's sound comes from his hands. The guitar has something to do with it, but even if you jumped up on stage and played through his rig,you would still not sound like Slash.

Get an EC-1000 with the Duncans. That should work.

thanks.

KNOWING that if slash would jump on MY stage and play with MY rig, he would not sound as he does with his rig, i will continue to wait for other answers

load more replies (2 of 2)
Pushead

I've put passive pickups in Eclipse guitars and liked the results. They sound similar to a Les Paul. Some people will hear the difference that the extra wood gives you, but depending on your other gear, you might not.

The 24 fret desire, might affect the sound from your neck pickup. There are reasons people opt for 22 pickup guitars even when 24 fret versions are available (and vice versa, check out PRS with their Custom 22 and Custom 24 models).

SixStringer

I've put passive pickups in Eclipse guitars and liked the results. They sound similar to a Les Paul. Some people will hear the difference that the extra wood gives you, but depending on your other gear, you might not.

The 24 fret desire, might affect the sound from your neck pickup. There are reasons people opt for 22 pickup guitars even when 24 fret versions are available (and vice versa, check out PRS with their Custom 22 and Custom 24 models).

thank you....theres no perfect instrument i guess...(for me haha)

johnny00

dude. you'll never get slash's tone 'cause slash isn't canadian...

SixStringer

ohh i see, its a nationality thing

well, if it helps, i'm mulatto, like slash

dude. you'll never get slash's tone 'cause slash isn't canadian...

Velt017

Slash's tone is all in his hands. Its how he bends the strings and its his feel for playing.

You can probably get a guitar that can produce those tones... the ECs are less warm and fat sounding than a LP to my ears, but I suppose there might be some really nice pieces of wood in ones I have not tried.

Secondly... you can probably abandon being able to pick up the slash signature Marshall seeing as how it's discontinued and finding a Jubilee from the 80s will cost you more money than there is in Canada, so I don't know what to tell you there.

MyApocalypse

As said before, no matter what gear you have, you aren't going to sound like Slash.

Post to Thread