Esp EC-256?

Updated
Griffh
Does anyone have experience with ESP LH-150 pickups that come stock with the EC-256, or know anything about them? I'm looking at getting en EC-256, but have heard the pickups are pretty weak, and can't find any information on them. If i got one, would it be a wise investment to upgrade the pickups?
Velt017

They are crap.

Look for a 400 or 500 series EC used, don't buy anything lower, you will be disappointed in quality.

Griffh

well it'll only be my second guitar (I've been playing 2 years), and its right at the peak of my price range, because i'm looking to get a new amp too. Is the quality really that poor? What are some of the issues with it?

Velt017

for the couple hundred bucks he would be using to change that stuff he could just buy the step up guitar which would be of a better build.

DUKE

for the couple hundred bucks he would be using to change that stuff he could just buy the step up guitar which would be of a better build.

The EC-256s are really solid guitars for the price, though. I've played one, and the only thing I wish it had was the thickness that the EC-400ATs and 400/401-VFs had and of course, different pickups. Wish I could say the same for the other 200 series, but really the EC-256 is really decent.

Griffh

Does anyone else have any opinions/thoughts/ideas that could help me out? thanks

Metaldude30

Does anyone else have any opinions/thoughts/ideas that could help me out? thanks

I just got a V-200 with the same pups and they are fine for what you are wanting to do amp, wise as well.

Post to Thread