Floyd Rose Special on ltds.

Updated
mikemichael317
How well does it work? I heard its just a OFR with cheaper materials. I thought I'd come here because most of you have probably owned a ltd with one...
johnny00

I believe the Floyd Rose SPECIAL has Zinc saddles and sustain black, the original FR has steel saddles and a brass sustain block. The special is less than 1/2 price too and they perform just fine. If you're worried about it wearing out or something, pick up a used FR original and it should be an easy swap...y'know for peace of mind. They have some nice finishes on the special too. Now an original floyd rose is built like a tank. Those things never wear out! I had one for almost 25 years in chrome and it looks and performs the same as it did 25 years ago. Only time will tell if the special can do that kinda time...

1point8t

I've been around Floyds for almost 20 years...while nothing beats the original, the Specials are GREAT for the money. I put one on an old Ibanez of mine a few months ago and I've had zero problems. It holds tune well, the finish is holding up fine, nothing has come close to stripping out and it just feels solid. I just bought another one to help finish up a project guitar of mine. I don't beat on a Floyd like Vai so I'm not worried about not having it be quite as solid the real deal.

Post to Thread