How thick are viper models?

Updated
mikemichael317
I've never personally saw one, but they look pretty thin in pictures. Can anyone give me a side shot or a mesurement of a viper model, preferably 401 if they are differnt than the others thickness?
MV-CTM

they're normal strat thickness but have bevels cut out which make it a bit over a centimeter at the top.

sirsloop

They are thick and heavy.... solid mahogany.

my Viper 400 is a touch over 1-3/4" thick
my Strat is pretty much dead nuts 1-5/8"

By far the thickest heaviest LTD I've played... that would be out of the the H, MH, EC, and EX models. I'm sure I've played a few more models, but don't have enough play time on them to really tell you whats up.

Gfunk

They are thick and heavy.... solid mahogany.

I had a Vipre Standard that was probably the lightest guitar I have ever owned, @ 6lbs. An all Mahogany guitar does not necessarily mean it will be heavy weight wise. The grade of the wood dictates its weight.

sirsloop

then the grade of my viper is heavy as fuck...

fretdude

with mahogany the grade of the wood does NOT dictate the weight. It is the mineral content the particular mahogany tree absorbed from the soil that relates to weight. So a mahogany tree grown in mineral laden soil will be heavier than one from soil that had a lower mineral content. Can you tell I am a botanist? peace out.

Post to Thread