Opinions on mods im Making...

Updated
DeathGimmicks
before I go out and do it, Ive come to a dilema, i cant choose So ive decided im sticking an 81 active set in both of my 202's, but they guy at sam ash said they have pearl pickguards and mirrored ones. Ive been banking on getting both mirrored but i cant really choose between the Pearl and the mirrored.. they both appeal to me...so vote lol:
Gazmonster

Mirror, Put a poll up.

Hezzman

Why not get both and swap them over as the mood takes you?

MyApocalypse

The answer is obvious. You can't decide between the two, so get both. Fuck having two of the exact same guitar.

DeathGimmicks

ya, i was just thinking that, lol my RZK fanboy side wasspeaking, but now, i think i will go with both.

Justinschut

both. and post pics

DeathGimmicks

ok, but it will be in november when i have enough money to fix 1 guitar. the second should be around spring time. -_- thanks american economy, you rock!

load more replies (1 of 1)
DeathGimmicks

hence i said "although i know this is completly wrong"

DeathGimmicks

haha i graduate this year, so then what?

Gfunk

Move out.

DeathGimmicks

im moving to berlin germany. and forming a band. so then what?

onemilelost

Actually the ESP KH-2(standard) also has a bolt-on neck. The only differences according to the ESP site are as follows:
202 has a Basswood body instead of Alder(Whoop-de-doo)
202 has ESP tuners instead of Gotoh
202 has a Floyd Special instead of Floyd Original
and of course the pickups...LH-301 instead of EMG 81/60

So, visually speaking, DeathGimmicks is correct is saying there won't be much of a difference. They will still not be the same in terms of quality.

Curt Daddy

Actually the ESP KH-2(standard) also has a bolt-on neck. The only differences according to the ESP site are as follows:

So, visually speaking, DeathGimmicks is correct is saying there won't be much of a difference.
visually speaking... however..

it(the newer ones) are made in indonesia, NOT japan, thus meaning lower quality, and I don't care how much you try to say that it's the same quality as a japan made guitar, you'll be wrong every time. it won't sound the same, or feel the same as a kh-2.

it will just sound and feel like a modified kh-202 and that's what it will look like too.

but back on the topic of this thread, I say pearl on one mirror on the other...

creativename11

So, visually speaking, DeathGimmicks is correct is saying there won't be much of a difference.

yea....aside from being built in a CUSTOM SHOP but no biggie. Same guitar...:lol

DeathGimmicks

onemilelost thank you that was exactly my point. your my hero

Gfunk

Sure, why not just drop an OFR in there with the 81s and pearloid pickguard, and you will have an essential KH-4. I am sure it will sound and play just as well too. Wise beyond your years.

load more replies (1 of 1)
diadorastriker

i dont like noobs

Gazmonster

:lol

DeathGimmicks

can i change the subject for a second?

Im moving to Berlin Germany in a little over a year with my friend.

Between us we have 4 guitars, how safe will they be under the plane in a cargo hold and changing planes in ATL? United breaks guitars not Delta right? lolol

diadorastriker

stop changing the subject, start a new thread, now stay here and take it

iheartsquires

wait, you bought 2 kh202s? why didnt you just save up and buy a kh602?

in the end you would have saved $, with all the mods you are planning on.

and my first guitar, a squier, was fucking awsome.

Gazmonster

Where do we go now? Where do we go now? WO WO Where do we go now???????????
:rollin

Post to Thread