Changing from ESP locking tuners to Sperzels

Updated
boffen
I accidentaly broke one of my ESP locking tuners on my EC-1000. No biggie, the tuner itself works, but the locking mechanism don't. Anyway, I'd rather they all just work, so I'll probably buy some new ones. So, can anyone tell me if the Sperzels will fit with no modification to the headstock, or point me in the direction of some ESP locking tuners.
boffen

Gold. Couldn't find it there?

Are the Sperzels like hella better? I hear people all over complaining over ESP changing from them to ESP tuners, but seriously, they keep their tuning really good. I got Gotohs on my Jap Squier Strat, and the ESPs seem better.

5150-Viper

i prefer the shaller style tuners over the sperzels, thats what the ESP ones are based off of.. what exactly do you need to fix the tuner?? just the turn knob on the back?

boffen

The knob gets stuck about halfway in, and doesn't go further. Won't get off either.

onemilelost

Sounds like you may have cross-threaded the thumb-screw. I had this problem on my H-1000 when I bought it used. If you know someone with a tap and die set, it is an easy fix....if that is the problem. But you also need to be able to remove the thumb-screw.

Post to Thread