Floyd rose on MH-401

Updated
Darkmaggot
Is it ok? I'm going to buy mh-401 just because of the floyd rose, otherwise I'd better buy a mh-401NT
MRE200

Is it ok? I'm going to buy mh-401 just because of the floyd rose, otherwise I'd better buy a mh-401NT

It's AWESOME! I haven't had any problems with it.

Darkmaggot

cool) how is it, compared to ibanez's ZR-tremolo? just interesting)

MRE200

cool) how is it, compared to ibanez's ZR-tremolo? just interesting)

umm, lol. It's an Ibanez product soo... the ESP licensed Floyd is way better!! NEVER buy Ibanez stuff, it's all shit, except maybe vintage Ibanez's.

load more replies (2 of 2)
Darkmaggot

:-D yeah

Darkmaggot

sooo I tink I'm buying mh-401) but still I think that satin blue and red colors are gay :(

MRE200

sooo I tink I'm buying mh-401) but still I think that satin blue and red colors are gay :(

The MH-401QM is an awesome red Quilt Maple.

Darkmaggot

by the way, can I setup some thicker strings on it?

MRE200

by the way, can I setup some thicker strings on it?

Oh yeah, I have 12's on one of my floyds and Beefy Slinky's on another.
What gauge are you using?

Darkmaggot

um I guess it's 10-46) I heard that thick strings may spoil the floyd somehow

Darkmaggot

um what about spoiling the floyd with thick strings?

BenoA

I don't think you'll spoil the Floyd with 10-46. I set up my Charvel years ago with that gauge and never add any problem. you may have to had a spring but you'll see. It will depend on the guitar and feel you want to get from the it.

As far as saying Ibanez is crap, the first generation of the ZR trem had some issues but the latest one is supposed to be very very good.

I tested a Floyd Special yesterday on a M-200FM, felt quite good and smooth. As it is a lower end guitar, do not expect an OFR but if you take care of it and don't abuse it, it should do the job.

MRE200

um what about spoiling the floyd with thick strings?

put three springs in the back, maybe four, and adjust the claw until the trem is flat, tune after every adjustment you make, and adjust again as necessary.

Curt Daddy

mhm..riiiight..

Post to Thread