F-100

Updated
Dkc
Hello Everyone :) I'm buying my first electric guitar and I'm thinking about F-100. I don't have much money, so what do you think about this guitar for beginners? I wanna play Metal (Metalcore, Thrash, Melodic Death, Nu Metal ...) , some people said me that I should rather get more money and buy F-250 or something better , so I don't know :< I know p.u.-s are bad on F-100, but I can upgrade them later ... or should I save some money and buy F-250?
customESP

Hello Everyone :)

I'm buying my first electric guitar and I'm thinking about F-100. I don't have much money, so what do you think about this guitar for beginners?

I wanna play Metal (Metalcore, Thrash, Melodic Death, Nu Metal ...) , some people said me that I should rather get more money and buy F-250 or something better , so I don't know :<

I know p.u.-s are bad on F-100, but I can upgrade them later ... or should I save some money and buy F-250?

I would save up for at least a 400 as they are selling quite cheap these days! Some have seen Viper -400's go for $399 and that comes with a set neck and EMG's and its not made in Indonesia. You buy the low end F-50 plus EMG's and you probably paid more. Just my 2 cents

Pushead

I know p.u.-s are bad on F-100, but I can upgrade them later ... or should I save some money and buy F-250?

I always find it difficult to give advice on buying a first guitar. My advice changes based on a lot of factors, but it really all boils down to how old you are, and how serious you are about learning to play.

If you're the type of person that probably won't make/take the time to practice or will get easily frustrated when you run into roadblocks, then I'd probably advise to get the less expensive alternative, so you don't lose/waste as much money. If you're someone who really will take the time, or especially if you have some other musical background, then yes you might be better off saving a bit more money and getting the better instrument.

You'll get more guitar for your money if you look used. Find someone that has some experience with guitars that can help you find out what's right for you.

Dkc

There is no way that I can get F-400, I' live in Croatia and here Ltd guitars costs a lot, F-100 costs here around 500 Dollars... And I'm somewhere between F-100 and F-250 xD

I'm 18y old, I'm playing classical guitar around half of year, so I know basic chords, tabs and stuff, and I really wanna play electric :D

Perhan!

Ak u euromusicu uzimas mozda neki popust ubodes :D
Sorry for the language :D
And for the prices..
7,425,50 USD is the price you pay for a standard potbelly...

Dkc

No Croatia isn't in EU atm, we are in NATO tho' lol , we 'll be in EU in next 2-3 years ... but that doesn't matter now :(

I think I'm gonna buy F-100 and later buy new pickups :> I hope that it's going to be a good guitar ^^

btw sorry for my bad english ... it's not one of my favorite subjects in school ^^

Dkc

Ok guys, I'm gonna buy F-100, but I have question about amp (I hope it's alowed to write here about amps ... )

I'm thinking about Peavey Envoy 110 and Peavey Vypyr 30 , what do you guys think? :)

Dimebag

Vypyr!!!!!! They sound pretty good, actually!!!! :-)

Dkc

Vypyr!!!!!! They sound pretty good, actually!!!! :-)

Yea, I asked some people, I'm gonna buy it.

Guys I live in Croatia (Europe) , I can't buy anything on ebay or something in other countries (I can but I'll pay 22% tax ... ) And guitars here cost 2x more then in USA so, there is no way that I can get 1 000 € for F-400.

Anyway I'm goona buy F-100 and Vypyr 30W.

Thanks for everything!
Cheers

Midskier

if you live in the states, bang the net search craigslist and e-bay
you may find a used guitar that may be a few steps better for the same money or even less than a new guitar.........

SixFlames

If I were you, I'd save up for the cheapest -400 model there is.
if you can nab a MH-400NT, get it. the newer MH-400QMNT made the price go down.

andrei

i'd take the f-50 and change the pickups. (at least the bridge pickup)
the extra cash for the 100 isn't worth it (for me).

if you have a guitar shop, try more models out, to find out what suits you more:
feel, balance, looks...

also, if you get a cheap model and replace the pickups, you can later easy try someting else, and swap the pickups from one guitar to another.

Dkc

I live in small city, there's no music shop here, I must go 100-200km's to try guitairs :D
Anyway I'm gonna buy F-100 and change pickups later

DUKE

I like the more recent versions of the 50 and 100 series LTDs since they've swapped out the agathis for baswood. Makes the entry-level guitars sound a little nicer.

Post to Thread