need advice on V shape guitars

Updated
need advice on V shape guitars
I am looking to get a ESP or LTD V series guitar and wanted some feedback. I like the M. Padget sig but its a bit on the pricey side, I also like the Alexi guitars and the last one i saw that was in the mix was a Ltd V250....anyone have one of these? Is it any good?
DUKE

V-500 would be a great choice for you, it would seem. One of the higher-end LTDs, not necessarily associated with an artist, and right now, it seems some places are lowering prices (Samash, I think) as well to make room for the V-401s, I believe.

EDIT: The only thing really preventing me from getting one is because it has a pickguard. Other than that, if I see one going for a really good deal, you bet your ass I'd jump on it pretty quickly. lol

Wyatt

L to R -

V-250 silver (satin finish)
V-350 black
V-350 titanium

Wyatt

Those older V-200's are sweet!! And practically impossible to find.

Love to get one of those. Any pics??

Also want the 401DX, but hard to justify dropping close to a grand on a LTD

diadorastriker

Track down a DV8 R and you will be rewarded.

Justinschut

Id go with the 500

smally13

Wyatt, I bought that sucker BRAND NEW in '99. I passed over a gibby to get it, having no idea what a great axe I was getting my hands on. I think later that year I tried out a V-250 (Ice blue) and it was awesome, but I didn't pick it up. I'm still kicking myself. Pm me your email, I'll shoot some pics your way. LTD V's FTW.

matt b.

Whats the difference between the V-500 & V-401??

Mikelius

Whats the difference between the V-500 & V-401??

The 500 has a solid black glossy color, the 401 has a see through finish. Also the 401 has a Floyd bridge and tremolo, the 500 is string through.

EDIT: the 500 has dot inlays, the 401 arrowhead

load more replies (1 of 1)
Roidster

a trem

matt b.

It must just be the finish the 401DX has the Floyd & the arrowhead inlay. Thanks

Metahead

when is it esp stopped putting floyds on their Vs? dumb move, but good to put em back on

smally13

It's nice to have OPTIONS! I'm not a floyd guy myself, but if I were, I'd want it available without bending over and grabbing my ankles...now if we can get them to introduce some colors............

Justinschut

yeah its a limited run I think Musicians Friend did.. Hetfield also has one I think

andrei

but that's a floyd, isn't it?
i suppose they came with fixed bridge also, probably string through.

matt b.

WOW, just a few days ago it was $499 and I thought that was a good price but $399..........even better.

MV-CTM

they should adjust it to what the price is now I think, not sure though if their guarantee covers clearance items

Mikelius

Goddamnit, I bought mine not 4 months ago at full price -_-

matt b.

Thanks for all the feedback. I just ordered a V500 from musiciansfriend for the nice price of $399.....................I mean how could I not get it, right. In the end it came down to the v500 & a Jackson RR, M. Tuck sig (dont hate me for the Jackson thing, lol) but the price was way toooooooo sweet on the 500.

smally13

If I could convince somebody to take my M-200, I'd jump on the V-500 without a second thought. congrats on the axe man!

matt b.

All I had to do was convince my wife that it was a great deal, since it is my 11th guitar now.

Post to Thread