ESP's Abalone stance on deluxe models

Updated
customESP
I can’t for the life of me understand why ESP continues to abuse the amount of Abalone it uses on the deluxe models. When viewing the forums the overwhelming consensus is that it is overused to the point of ruining the guitar's aesthetics. I agree and don’t understand why ESP would continue to make such a wealth of guitars that go against public demand. Most of the "1000" series look outlandish due to the tacky use of abalone on the binding and inlays. I would like to think someone at ESP reads the forums occasionally and can see that when anyone references a "1000" series model the word "FAIL" follows 99% of the time... the reasoning? ABALONE!
Dilzdo21

yes i would probably own 2 if they didnt have abalone

white and gloss black

Pushead

I would have bought an EC-1000, but it didn't have enough abalone. :(

jsp

I hate the abalone, but I see a ton of 1000 series LTD's on ebay all the time, which means someone's buying them.

sirsloop

they make it cause they can? If you hate it that much get a 400 series, or an ESP standard. I see so many people belly aching over it, yet its not like thats the ONLY choice out there.

gab4554

they make it cause they can? If you hate it that much get a 400 series, or an ESP standard. I see so many people belly aching over it, yet its not like thats the ONLY choice out there.

no but alot of people are complaining about abalone and there's still abalone in 90% of the 1k series (excluding the EC VB and the white VP)

Jody P.

Yeah I don't understand the hate on it. I love the fretboard adorned with Abalone. Guess I'm the only one

sirsloop

exactly... don't like abalone don't buy a 1k. What happens if you like all the abalone and want a nice guitar? You gotta look at it from both sides...

customESP

exactly... don't like abalone don't buy a 1k. What happens if you like all the abalone and want a nice guitar? You gotta look at it from both sides...

But I do want a 1000 series as the hardware and finishes are pretty damn spiffy. ESP please make a 900 series with the same specs as the 1000 series just without the abalone... and charge $50-$100 less.

load more replies (1 of 1)
Butch

I don't see any abalone on the zemantis.

i dont mind the abalone inlays, but the purfling is just too much. In fact i don't really dig purling at all.

Why can't they use Mother of pearl instead of abalone?

sirsloop

ebony is nice... I really dig the ebony fretboard I ordered for my carvin hello kitty neck. AND ITS GOT ABALONE DOT INLAYS!! OMGGGGG!!!

DayDay

the dot inlays in abalone are ok but goin as far as lets say the m1000 abalone arrow head inlays the binding ugh way too much! use MOP for that kinda stuff MOP is more asthetically pleasing, especially for a high dollar guitar.

deftones

abalone is for girls for the most part

ESPimperium

Thats why i went for a VHB EC over a ASB one, no Abalone.

Its the reason id take a VB over a BLK one.

They should put some nice 3 ply white or some creme binding on instead.

hermz

They're very nice guitars for the dollars but the abalone binding ruins it for me too.

customESP

Lets hope the new year brings more in the way of variety in terms of models and options!

load more replies (1 of 1)
metalhobo

400AT and 400VF are FT though I believe.

mrclean77

400AT and 400VF are FT though I believe.

THAT's what I was thinking of - I played the 400 and the 500 the same day - not sure how I confused the two

The 400s are such beautiful guitars...and meaty - I didn't even plug it in - I just played it for a few minutes acoustic-like - it was loud

jsp

You know, way fewer people griped about the Horizon cockstocks, and that got changed immediately... to the hideous failstock that we're left with now.

I guess the way to get things changed is to correlate it with penises somehow.

customESP

You know, way fewer people griped about the Horizon cockstocks, and that got changed immediately... to the hideous failstock that we're left with now.

I guess the way to get things changed is to correlate it with penises somehow.

LOL hmmm whats the correlation between abalone and male genitals?

Jagw

I think the abalone is just right, it compliments the quilt on my MH-1000 quite nicely :)

But then again, I could just be weird.

Post to Thread