Post your LTD's

Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
jsp

There's nothing wrong with modding and customizing your guitars. If that's how you enjoy your guitars, then there's nothing wrong with that.

However, putting ESP decals on the headstock and claiming that there is no difference or that they are just as good will get you laughed at. And rightfully so.

Getting all defensive about it and resorting to childish personal attacks will also get you laughed at. And rightfully so.

So what the fuck ever.

slovakzombiehero

Hold on I'm going to get some LTD sickers for my Viper.

~NT~

I want pictures.

Josh in NY

I want pictures.

Que???? You can see the pics of mine on the "Show me your modified ESP/LTD guitars/basses" thread, last page, last entry... Although I can't compete with what was posted above^^^^^^...

rumblebox

i have a better analogy.

LTD=base corvette regular steel unibody, LS3
ESP=Z06 aluminum unibody, wide fenders, bjgger sway bars, stiffer leafs, bigger brakes, better exhaust, LS7, etc.

they are pretty much the same car except for better materials and performance. yea you can modify the C6 to surpass the Z06 in performance but there are certain things that cannot be changed like the build materials. sound familiar?

the base corvette is still a hell of a performer for the price, but it is not a Z06, not would i put a Z06 badge on a base C6.

jaymerfortune

i have a better analogy.

ESP=Z06 aluminum unibody, wide fenders, bjgger sway bars, stiffer leafs, bigger brakes, better exhaust, LS7, etc.

they are pretty much the same car except for better materials and performance. yea you can modify the C6 to surpass the Z06 in performance but there are certain things that cannot be changed like the build materials. sound familiar?

the base corvette is still a hell of a performer for the price, but it is not a Z06, not would i put a Z06 badge on a base C6.

i guess you could say the the LTD is like a standard audi a4 1.8t?
and a standard esp would be an audi s4?
and a custom shop esp would be like an audi RS4?

Justinschut

Jeez, are you guys still on this ? Scroll up and look at the pretty pictures

Josh in NY

yeah man, those older SRC-7's with the hum/hum/single pickup configeration are really hard to find, i had one back in 2001 and i definetly regret selling it, i had the ltd 6-string version too but i sold that one too unfortunately.

You had one of those SC7's??? How was it? I've been hearing that those, the SC6's and a lot of other ESP's were "dead planks" from that time frame... I'd like to find and have one, but won't bother if it's an issue like that... I know that I'd have to swap pickups as the Duncans in it are on the weaker side than what I'd load in it. And if I can't find one, I'll take one of the newer see-thru green 7's w/ the 2 EMG's and route the body for the slant SA-7 single coil and be just as happy... But it all boils back to ESP and only making really good and cool guitars for 1 year, and then saying good luck trying to find them ever again...

i have a better analogy.

You are correct there. But also a good 90% of people who see the guitars I have know that it's an LTD despite the logo swap on the head... And those same people know enough of the ESP history, what was made when and know that the 7's I have are LTD's, as there was NO real ESP 7 except for the Carpenter - which may as well be non-existant due to how rare it is to even try and find one... And then to top it off, ESP started making REAL ESP 7-strings within what, the last 5 years, and 90% of those are yet again the SC models... Out side of the SC 7's, how many real ESP 7's are there? Only 2 or 3 that I know of here in the US market anyway that were/are production models...

So while an LTD might be the C6, it still has the heart and integrity of the Z06 or any other Vette just like the LTD's are with any ESP. Because those who aren't loaded and have more money than they know what to do with still want one, but can have a cheaper, more affordable one that's built the same with a lot of the same features just different craftsmanship. LTD-Machine made, ESP-HAND made. And same thought and theory applies to the Vette as well - for a cheaper amount you can have one. But for much, much more, you can have either the Z06 which would be an ESP Standard or Custom, or the Calloway modified ones which is equivalent to an ESP Custom Shop.

Jeez, are you guys still on this ? Scroll up and look at the pretty pictures

I think it's gotten to a simmering point now... And I have looked at those pretty pictures, several times. Very nice!!!

load more replies (1 of 1)
rumblebox

im thinking R8 >:))

jaymerfortune

im thinking R8 >:))

or maybe the RS8 that's supposed to drop next year, supossidly its still has the v-10 but the power has been bumped up to 605hp and its benn made lighter than the standard r8 with widened front and back fenders. hopefully audi will go through with making it a production car and not just a concept. and i'll be able to afford to buy a used one in 15-20 years! haha!

rumblebox

lol yea wishful thinking. ill stick with vettes.

EvolutionVII

That CTM looks classy.
Nice!

Justinschut

both look classy, nice job :)

~NT~

Blue MH really nice! I like it.

EvolutionVII

Good deal.

~NT~

Very good.

Justinschut

Awesome even

EvolutionVII

It sucks when you record, realize the tone knob has been rolled off and you don't know when it happened.

rumblebox

just delete it and make a 2nd volume

EvolutionVII

just delete it and make a 2nd volume

Very good idea. May think about it after the recordings are done.

Post to Thread