Updated
Slatanic
I'll post mine up in a bit
blistered earth

btw kami
are the inlays on the stef slipknot logos

Josh in NY

It's not a Kami 4.

Your right... The ONLY real difference besides the maple fingerboard, buzz-saw headstock and the Floyd Rose and being a Custom Shop axe, but still the same finish, and in MY opinion - it's better than the real deal as I HATE Floyd Rose tremolos with a passion of the Christ, and don't like the bright tone of the maple fingerboard.

But I WILL say that the EMG's, and the EMG SPC & EXG make it a sicker-sounding axe than anything I've owned and played... Hell, the EMG's alone made that guitar come to life in ways I NEVER thought or expected, hence the ridding of the Universe... Something THAT consistent and awesome feeling, playing and sounding you just can't fuck with...

Personally I would have started with a mid-level LTD that would have only been slightly more $. Eitherway though, they are sick looking guitars

Thanks! The ONLY reason why I didn't is because I prefer a fixed bridge w/ string-thru body over a floyd rose trem... Tremolos are too much of a pain in the ass, and I ALWAYS smash my knuckle off the locking nut! I actually had an M307 and put the EMG 81-7's in it... I didn't care for them as the 81's are supposed to be brighter sounding than the 707's, but still had a really muddy tone from that guitar. And so, my M107's still reign triumphant! For some reason the bolt-on's have a little brighter tone and more raspy compared to a dark and sometimes muddy neck-thru - despite being a better guitar. Just MY opinion and what works for me... But again, thanks!!!

btw kami
are the inlays on the stef slipknot logos

Yes, those are the Slipknot "Tribal S" 's... I am considering having a set of the Deftones 13-ball from the "Around The Fur" album made for it, but may save those for the SC608 if I can't get an FM-408/418... Hell, I still am trying to track another H207 in addition to the FM-8... And I still gotta load the black Kami and the Hanneman w/ the EMG's, then the H207 will get the EMG's as well... Got so many projects in the works but will all be worth it once they are done... And this will be the collection that DON'T get sold this time!!!

Spoonylove

The ONLY real difference besides the maple fingerboard, buzz-saw headstock and the Floyd Rose and being a Custom Shop axe,
Yea, that's nothing major. I'm sure yours is better.

Josh in NY

Yea, that's nothing major. I'm sure yours is better.

Like I said - in MY opinion it is... That is why there are so many different guitars, pickups, ect... What one guy likes, the other won't. That's obvious...
I'm not saying that the REAL Kami 4 is a piece, but I'm just saying that I like mine, and I like what I like, that's all.

Spoonylove

Have you ever played a Kami 4?

Josh in NY

Have you ever played a Kami 4?

No, because I can never find a real one to play... Since the actual production #'s on them were extremely low (typical, only made for 1 year in the US...) and it still holds a $3K price tag, I'm all set with that. And if it's anything like the Kami 1, I'm really all set with playing a tank of a guitar that has such a god-awful sound. I played a Kami 1 and hated the fact of the maple body being havy as fuck, the Screamin' Demon sounded like absolute hell, and the Floyd Rose is too much of a pain in the ass than I care to deal with. The neck and overall playability was awesome, but tone-wise it was actually one of the worst axes I've ever played.

Spoonylove

Whatever works dude. You're kinda kidding yourself, imo, but hey, what the hell right?

Josh in NY

Whatever works dude. You're kinda kidding yourself, imo, but hey, what the hell right?

Like I said in the last message - what works for one guy obviously won't for another. I'm happy with what I use to shred face with and that's all that matters.

IceSlicer

^^very nice

EvolutionVII

Nice score!

loversmoon

i kind of dig the zebras. but sounds amazing. I have a ec 1000vb on the way

DUKE

Interesting! How'd you come upon that LTD Truckster logo? Custom made?

jlockhartmusic

Interesting! How'd you come upon that LTD Truckster logo? Custom made?

I actually would love to know this as well... That's awesome looking!

ProfessorExp

While Im waiting for the new pickups, I decided to rip out all the old electronics and add a new 2nd toggle switch (making the old one a dummy). Depending on how this new EMG Solderless system works out, Ill be wiring up 2 vol and no tone or 1 master vol and 1 tone. Has anyone tried going with no tone on the solderless system yet?

http://lh6.ggpht.com/__Em2KKQw-9c/TN3Dz-Z1mLI/AAAAAAAAAGs/nA3y6I-os-I/New%20Toggle.jpg

UPDATE:

All done. Solderless system was a bit more of a pain in the ass than I expected, but Ive never done electronics at all before, so that probably had more to do with it LOL. 2 vol / 0 tone worked fine. EMG X pickups sound awesome!

http://lh5.ggpht.com/__Em2KKQw-9c/TOYQOrlkVuI/AAAAAAAAAHI/nMuYZ-zMlHc/ecx.jpg

Vivo

The gold EMGs are a good choice! When I saw the picture I just thought "man, this guitar would look awesome with gold pickups." Post some pics when you've exchanged the PU's!

Vivo

Eww... Ugly.

loversmoon

vb looking sweet. I ordered the Ec 1000 in VB should be here on the 18th!!! Im so excited.

loversmoon

i think the two volume no tone is a perfect setup. never tried it so i dont know if it would work or not. Let me know how this turns out for you as i might give it a go myself.

ProfessorExp

Got bored with the 'plain-ness' so I decided to let the fanboy in me breathe a little LoL

Behold, the LTD bastard offspring of the Truckster and the JH-3 :)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/__Em2KKQw-9c/TPbm-iaeiUI/AAAAAAAAAHo/lve0a0N-wGw/s512/100_1060b.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/__Em2KKQw-9c/TPbm-jCU6vI/AAAAAAAAAHs/2w_ZNIEZ8ms/100_1062b.jpg

jalmetalman

^Thats pretty cool! I want one!

DUKE

Looks sick! I kinda want an EC-256 now. Really cool mods you did to that man.

Post to Thread